California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Dear Honda

Old 09-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Words cannot describe how pleased I was at this flawless, superbly organized event. Good people, great cars and a beautiful day. Thank you Honda, and all who made it happen.
I fell in love with this wonderful car when I saw a photo in Autoweek early in 1999 bought one as soon as I could and have cherished it for the past ten years.
Meeting the man responsible for it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Doumo arigatou gaziamasu Uehara-Sama
Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Honda,

I too would like to thank Honda American HQ for their support of this event.

You know some things set some companies apart from others. In the auto industry the commitment shown by GM thru it's Saturn Division towards it's customers is the stuff of legends.

Lexus, with it's traveling 'test drive' shows set's it apart.

Honda is very large and yet you all know how loyal Honda owner's are.

So I encourage your company to continue to invest in the relationship people have with your products.
All to often the dealership network fails to do this effectively.

Anything you do for owners means so much to us. letters, offers, discounts and any invitations to any brand related event just makes us love your products more. Yes, each of these cost money. And we're all clear that Honda watches the bottom line very closely.
But, as you invest in building vehicles that are environmentally respondsible and above all else safe remember that we, your customers, need to be invested in to remain competitive and loyal to us.

Like many have said Honda needs to maintain a flagship vehicle (or two) that are performace based. Sponsering Indy is nice but does not really provide for us the dream and image of what we feel we are as owners.

Lastly, congrats on the 3 year deal to support the 'Honda' Rose Parade.

Honda owners love their Honda's, make sure we know you love us too.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Dear Honda,

I would like to thank everyone at Honda America HQ that made this event possible. Also a VERY large thank you to Mr Shigeru Uehara for making the event and willingness to sign just about anything that was given him.

This was a very large undertaking by the Homecoming II staff and Honda, but the event in my opinion was very successful. We here able to gather and celebrate one of the best overall well put together and performing vehicles.

I have been a Honda owner for years two S2000', Integra GSR, civic and an Accord. All have been satisfying but the S2000 has been very special. I'm happy to be part of a community of fellow owners and enthusiasts that care for the car as I do.

Thanks again, looking forward to the next performance oriented sport car you produce!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Dear Honda,
To be able to bring all sorts of people from different backgrounds, ethnicity's, ages, and countries and unite them as one is one feat that very few automobile makers can even come close to saying. People from all over the world have traveled hundreds if not thousands of miles to join other s2000 owners in this joyous event known as the S2000 Homecoming. While there are huge variances among the owners, we all know that we share one common love, and that's the Honda S2000. At this Homecoming event we have seen extremely pristine examples of stock s2000's from every year to heavily modified examples that have thousands of dollars worth of work into it. The s2000 caters to such a wide spectrum of drivers that it is not only simple and unique but timeless and a future classic. It is with my wishful thinking that future S2000 Homecoming events be made possible, as it would be a shame not to continually meet other owners/fanatics/die-hards who have made the s2000 community what it is today. Not only is this car responsible for smiles, rubber necking, heart pumping fun, and speeding tickets, it is mainly responsible for the relationships that people have formed with others.

Even though the S2000 has finally finished its production run after 10 spectacular years, it has surpassed what was once supposed to be a limited production vehicle. I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude to Honda and its loyal owners that have made the s2000 community and Honda what it is today. Thank you Honda, I still smile every single time I push that little red push start button that ignites that visceral 2.0L adrenaline rush, whether it be just to go buy some milk at the grocery store or for a stress relieving relaxing cruise, the s2000 never fails to give me that exact same feeling when I first laid my eyes on it. Thank you Honda.

-Carlo
Old 09-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda, BC, Mr. Uehara-San, HC2 Crew-

I would like to thank you from the deepest portions of my heart for all the planning, time and thought that went in to making this meet a dream come true. In life there are not many things that can bring people together and make people that have not met each other before in the their lives automatically friends. The s2000 and this community that we call S2ki.com is one of them, and the meet "Homecomming" is a combination of all the combined thoughts and comments all packed into one great occasion for s2000 owners and enthusiasts.

I have never had the opportunity to take part in a celebration like this before, When I arrived at 10:30 from San Diego people were hanging out cleaning and waxing cars, having a few beers and just sharing stories. It was great to get out of my car and just seemlessly join into this gathering.... That was a late but fun night and i wouldnt trade the tiredness the next morning for it at all !! Being a part of the s2000 community and HC2 was a great experience and something i can only hope to take part in the future !!

As for the highlight of the show, meeting Mr Uehara was a unforgettable experience !!! I can honestly say that shaking the hand of the father of 2 of the most prolific tuning cars of all time was something i will never forget !!

Thanks once again everyone involved for once again making the s2000 community top notch !!!

Jason Hutchinson
JasonsbAP1
2002 Owner Since 05/12/2007
Old 09-28-2010, 05:22 PM

Dear Honda, because of your Honda S2000 I have met alot of friends in the past years. All of them genuine and warm hearted, who enjoy the feeling of owning a S2000 like me.
This will be my second S2000, unfotunately I lost my first S to an accident. Usually a person would just go with another car but as much as I tried, I could not. There is no other vehicle out there that is like an S.

I would really like to thank you for allowing Mr. Uehara-San to build a great car. I believe without him the S2000 would be just another car on the road.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Dear Honda,

The event you supported was fantastic. There aren’t enough words to describe it.

We’re a Honda family and have only bought Honda’s for more than 20 years. I had concerns you were leaving the sports car business all together and this event confirms otherwise.

Thank you for supporting your fans. Please build us a new S2000 or NSX. I will buy it.

Kindly,
Rob
Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Dear American Honda

Thank you for opening up your hearts to the most loyal fans of your products

Thank you for lending an ear to one of the three Joys ......the Joy of ownership

Thank you honoring us once again with Mr. Uehara presence.

Thank you for the S2000

"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda,1906-1991

For many of us the S2000 stirred our souls.

Please remember us

Steve Miller (Popeye)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Honda
This is was my second time attending Homecoming and Honda and S2KI have really done a great job. I own a 2001 S2000 with 139,000, I plan on driving it for a long time to come. I also own another Honda, the Accord. These meets as well as the quality of the car, is what keeps me in the Honda family. I also want to thank Honda's Chris Martin who really is dedicated to making a positive partnership with the Honda Company and the biggest car enthusiast, a S2000 owner, a positive thing for The Honda Company.

Thank you Honda, and Thank you S2KI
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 PM

I have just returned home from my vacation in which I chose to spend with hundreds of s2000 owners at the 2nd honda homecoming. This was certainly an unbelievably amazing occasion to be remembered. It was a once in a liftime experience for me to meet the chief engineer of my favorite car!!! Congrats to Honda for such an achievement and thank you for making such a great event happen! Thanks to Honda, BC, HC2 organizers, and everyone else involved! Honda, you have been good to us S2k owners during the production of this classic, now continue to inspire us and keep the world of s2k's alive!!

Quick Reply: Dear Honda