Dear Honda

Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dear Honda

(Nice pic Senor)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylZ-h7N8QM [/media]

Members of Homecoming 2010:

This is an opportunity for us to voice our opinion on HOMECOMING 2010 and the Future of Homecoming. I'll make sure that the appropriate person(s) from American Honda read our comments.

Dear Honda,

Thanks Kurt, Chris, Uehara-San, Steve, Tom, Melanie, Glen & Staff, Medic Teams, Security, Juan and Cleaning Services, and everyone that I forgot. I can't say this too many times, but this is the dream team to work with. You are the backbone of our event, and I hope to continue the relationship with all of you.

On behalf of the community, we would like to THANK YOU all of American Honda, for your support of our group. Events like this solidifies that this is just not business, but giving back to the community.

We/I look forward to the future of out relationship,

Your Host,

Michael aka Back-Cracker
Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you again American Honda, the Homecoming 2 staff, Mike, Chris, Shigeru Uehara, and everyone else that made this happen.

It was an event that will be remembered in our hearts, and in the hearts of everyone who attended.

Thank you for standing behind your products and giving back to your loyal customers. We really appreciate it as fans of your work.

It was unreal being able to meet Mr. Uehara, to be able to thank him for his creation, and have him see how much we love our cars. His and Chris' speech was truly moving and inspired even more love in our cars and in your brand. It is not every day that you are able to talk to the person who dreamt, designed, and created the car we treasure so much. It is great to know that Mr. Uehara and Honda are able to see our passion for their creations.

And for me, this is just icing on the cake, as I've been a loyal Honda buyer for a while.
Past Hondas: 02 Acura RSX-S (stolen)
Present Hondas: 03 Honda S2000, 07 Honda S2000, 07 Honda Fit Sport, Honda HRR216 mower

I hope to continue to enjoy your future creations. *ahem* HSV-10 *cough*
Thank you again Honda from the bottom of my heart.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

This event, more than anything else, has made me feel like the value of our cars mean a lot to Honda, and in turn Honda means a lot to me. I can't say enough positive about how nice everyone was during homecoming.

This event really showcases the loyalty that enthusiasts have.

Honda, thank you, this event was the time of my life. Meeting so many new people, having a great time, and meeting Uehara was amazing. Everyone's hardwork did not go un noticed. I realize how much time, energy, and stress goes into something like this (not to mention $$)

-Ira
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Honda,

Thanks so much for hosting a great event for the loyal customers of the S2000. It is gratifying to know that despite the discontinuation of our beloved performance car, your corporate office still finds the time to devote time and resources to make an event possible for owners that continue to be passionate about this marvelous piece of engineering.

Thank you also for making arrangements for Mr. Uehara to participate in this event again. He was a gracious class act at both of the homecoming events, and is a fantastic ambassador of your brand, even in retirement.

I'd happily make the 800 mile round trip from the Bay Area again, and I imagine those who traveled much farther share the same sentiment.

Best Regards,
Andre
Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 AM

Dear Honda,

Thank you very much for all the work and efforts of all who were involved. This has again set a blaze my passion for Honda and the S2000.

Best,
Lincoln
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 AM

Another wonderful S2k event at Honda Corporate. This was a fun day meeting up with fellow members I have not seen in years. Looking at all the cool stuff from vendors and the different modifications in our cars is what makes us all so unique and come together to share the joy of what we all have in common.

A special thanks to Bc and the crew who made another memorable day for all of us.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 AM

I would first off definitely would like to thank Back-Cracker and all those involved in organizing this event.
Also I would like to give a big thank you to Honda for letting us use your facility and also for creating such a fantastic car.

This event has left me speechless, truly it is a difficult task to put into words just the overwhelming emotions i have during and even after attending the event.

It's amazing that one car can bring so many people from all over the world together to celebrate the car as well as the community around it. Honda has done a magnificent job with the S2000 and I believe we got to show this to Honda during the event with the amount of support that we have for the car.

The fact that the car can appeal to so many variety of people is a testament of just how great the car is. Whether its for people who want a sporty communter to and from work or the track enthusiasts who are looking to utilize it's amazing track ability.

I hope there will be more homecoming events in the future so that those that were unable to attend this one, and also future owners of the car can share the great feeling that both this event and the car has brought.

Truly there are no words to express my gratitude but, thank you.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT EVENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you HONDA for this event!
Thanks to all of the S2K owners, for representing.
Thank you Mr. Shigeru Uehara, for what was once a sketch on a drawing board, to an instant classic, your creation, and our S2000.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:02 AM

Even though I am not one who tends to wax eloquently on any subject, I will try to be a little less concise here.

This is a big thank you to all of the event organizers, sponsors, donors, volunteers and participants for making this a memorable event.

In these times it would have been easy for the donors and sponsors to say that their profit margins are down, budgets have been slashed, people have been laid off, and that the money is not there to do such an event. But you stepped up to the plate and gave generously of your people, time, products, space, and money to make this happen.

Thank you for doing so.

John
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Unfortunately I was not able to attend the 2nd homecoming, however I did attend the first.
From what I can see the 2nd was just as good as the first.
We here at S2KI and the S2000 members appreciate you allowing us to have these gatherings, at your location.
I truly hope that in the future we can continue to get together and celebrate a great car as well as a great company.

Alex

Quick Reply: Dear Honda