California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

which dealer...

Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default which dealer...

any info on the best dealer to go to for a new s. thinking about getting back into one and was curious what people were able to get for them out the door price, and from what dealer.

Just got back from airport marina honda a little while ago where they said I was crazy for thinking I could get the car for 33-34K out the door. I told them thats what I was looking for and am in no hurry to buy until I find that deal. Also looking for below 500 a month payments. first they said I have no chance and I should buy something else.

well....in about 1 hour they were ready to give me a new S for the same 34K out the door they said I was crazy to ask for, but they had high monthly payment on it. I told them the price was good, but I couldn't do the monthly(it's just not what i'm looking for....actually I don't doubt if I stayed longer I could have gotten it out the door for less. at one point he considered 32K out the door). I think that made them upset and he began to attack me and say i was "stroking" him.....lol. He probably wishes i was. That upset me so I got up and walked out.

If I was "stroking" him I would not have sat there for 2 hours trying to make a deal without any intention to actually buy the car.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda off topic, but I see your old car rolling around the Silver Lake area on a daily basis
Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Js2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I got my 07 a few weeks ago at Metro Honda.. Only took 5 min to talk about price.. the sales were very nice, they let me test drive the car even before i said i wanted to buy it...

before that i went to Diamond Bar Honda, those f****** charge $3000 mark up price saying all bs about the vehicle is limited and crap so it is normal mark up.. i spend 3 hrs negotiating the price and brought it down to 31k, but the original deal was incl. w/ lojack.. after we walked away from the dealer they called us and said ok we agree upon 31k.

When he head down there, they said the Lo-jack is in the car just have to activate it yourself... damn shady. good luck on your find!

So pissed that I went to another dealer and took 30 mins ++ for all paperworks.. ^^ the car was brand new too, off from the truck so i can't drive it home that night, have to wait for inspection and other stuff..
Old 09-30-2007, 11:07 PM

I'm gonna beat everyone to the punch. PM Pierceman, or johnR.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 AM
b0x

i picked mine up at cerritos honda.

got the car price for 27,900. otd came out to be a little over 30k

MY07 w/ 8 miles.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by b0x,Oct 1 2007, 01:12 AM
i picked mine up at cerritos honda.

got the car price for 27,900. otd came out to be a little over 30k

MY07 w/ 8 miles.
now this is the kind of deal I am looking for!!!

how long did you negotiate?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by AP2Suzuka,Sep 30 2007, 11:19 PM
Kinda off topic, but I see your old car rolling around the Silver Lake area on a daily basis
lol i see it all the time also. I sold that car to a close friend of mine.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Js2,Sep 30 2007, 11:58 PM
Hmm I got my 07 a few weeks ago at Metro Honda.. Only took 5 min to talk about price.. the sales were very nice, they let me test drive the car even before i said i wanted to buy it...

before that i went to Diamond Bar Honda, those f****** charge $3000 mark up price saying all bs about the vehicle is limited and crap so it is normal mark up.. i spend 3 hrs negotiating the price and brought it down to 31k, but the original deal was incl. w/ lojack.. after we walked away from the dealer they called us and said ok we agree upon 31k.

When he head down there, they said the Lo-jack is in the car just have to activate it yourself... damn shady. good luck on your find!

So pissed that I went to another dealer and took 30 mins ++ for all paperworks.. ^^ the car was brand new too, off from the truck so i can't drive it home that night, have to wait for inspection and other stuff..
same situation here man. They marked the car up 2K, and said they sell them all the time with no problems. Also said they had only three left when we started dealing. About an hour into it they came out with a list of four silverstones(not included on the list was the white one I was dealing for and the other two colors they had), and wanted to give me one with 200 miles on it. That looks to be more then 3 in stock to me.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 AM

i was just talking about this (out the door pricing) with another board member yesterday. he told me the same thing, that he's heard people getting it for 30 or 31 out the door. i'm sure you could get the same deal.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 AM

COSTCO AUTO ONLINE
http://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.asp...%2fDefault.aspx

Quick Reply: which dealer...