California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Day O' Fishin!

Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Day O' Fishin!

Aloha S fans! Just sharing a fun day over the weekend! We (Duc AHHVTEC, Kevin TRBOKEV, and Shawn) had orginially planned to spend the day fishing on the Freelance a 3/4 day boat out of Davey's Locker on Sunday morning with many others..... but.. as we arrived a the landing at 6:30 in the am, we found no one there. The weather conditions kept the Freelance docked for the day. The wind was blowing over 25 knots. We were BUMMED! So.. we couldn't decide what to do. It was either go get some Mexican breakfast somewhere or swing back to my house and hitch up the Robalo and head out fishing anyways... a flip of a quarter as Duc was driving lands on heads... we go FISHIN! So we head back to my place, load the gear, hitch up the Robalo to the Shaggin Waggon and we were off. The wind had continue to lay down throughout the day. As we launced, the wind had near completely stopped. We were greeted by flat calm seas! Always a treat to have such nice conditions! Picked up a scoop of dine's and headed for some GPS numbers I have for some bottom fishing. The bottom fishing was a bit slow. However, the smokin rod of the day was hooking fish left and right.. that would be Kevin. Never the less for this time of year, we did pretty well considering the conditions. Kev lands a nice Red! Then some nice Sheepsheads. I land a couple of Sheepsheads, a Calico, a couple of shallow water Rockfish. Shawn keeps getting bit but couldn't get the fish to stick. Duc was getting bit too but the fish were so scattered, it was one here and one there. So we had enough of bottom fishing and headed for Palos Verdes. Fished the Kelp for a while and Shawn lands a nice Calico. Water was just not right so we made another move. I knew the Bonito's were pushed close the Breakwall so we worked out way down the line at the wall. Sure enough the Bonito's wanted to play.. but the bait we had were just too big for them to eat. Everyone gets bit, but it was hard to actually hook a fish. Duc says, hook the baits thur the butt and try it that way.. Sure enough, Shawn lands a Bonito. Then it was followed by a few more bonitio's hooked. I was fishing the Breakwall for the Calicos using plastic swimbaits. I was able to stick 5 or so calicos. It was fun. And a sandie. By this time, it was near 6 pm and the wind picked back up and it was COLD! So we decided to head on back.. and get some food. Back in the harbor in less than 15 minutes, tied up the boat at Shoreline Village Dock. Its so cool there to tie up your boat, get out and have dinner or lunch then get back in your boat and drive off. Good times! We had dinner at the Yard House. Great food! Great Company! That ends our day as we get back in the boat and put her back on the trailer. All in all, the day originally planned was backfired but the day was salvaged! Spending the day on the water is always good times! Always a pleasure to hang out with Great people! Thanks to the guys for the Gas and Duc for the food! Nice to have met u Shawn! Here are some pics of our day. Have a great week guys and Happy Thanksgiving!

The ROBALO!

Kevin with a nice Red

Nice Sheepshead

Duc and Shawn

Me and a couple of Calicos

and another of Kevin

The Fishhold with our catches

Have a great week!
Pete
Old 11-22-2004, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by volcomSNOWS2K,Nov 22 2004, 08:34 AM
Kevin with a nice Red
the eyes on that fish reminds me of this expression omg omg i got hooked i'm gonna be eaten!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:46 AM

/\/\
Old 11-22-2004, 03:27 PM

I had such a great time fishing on the Robalo!! The water was great, fishing was good, everyone was really cool to hang with and we all had a damn good time! Well except for poor mr. I didn't catch a fish! (who will not be named) hahhhaha Just messing man! We all had a blast. HUGE THANKS to Peter for taking us out on his boat. The thing is awesome and is HELLA fast!! That boat was better than a ride at Magic Mountain when evil Pete opened her throttle up. Hope to fish again with you all.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by TRBOKEV,Nov 22 2004, 04:27 PM
Well except for poor mr. I didn't catch a fish! (who will not be named) hahhhaha
DUC

Old 11-22-2004, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kekoa,Nov 23 2004, 12:29 AM
DUC

Hahahahaha, yeah that would be me. Man I got hooked up but could not land a fish to save my life! thanks again Pete, as always it was a blast and man that boat is NIIIIICEEEE! Looking forward to the next time!

Duc

P.S. It's on like Donkey Kong the next time we go out bitch! LMAO!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AHHVTEC,Nov 22 2004, 04:53 PM
Hahahahaha, yeah that would be me. Man I got hooked up but could not land a fish to save my life! thanks again Pete, as always it was a blast and man that boat is NIIIIICEEEE! Looking forward to the next time!

Duc

P.S. It's on like Donkey Kong the next time we go out bitch! LMAO!
Like I always say.. my boat is ur boat! and yes, next time u better be on like Donkey Kong! Good times as ALWAYS!