California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Could/Would you ever leave CA?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could/Would you ever leave CA?

Just wondering how many CA natives have ever seriously considered leaving CA.

I'm in the market for a new job, and there are lots of good opportunities outside of CA. On the one hand, I'd love to stay in CA. The weather is great, my friends and family are here, and I can drive top down all the time. On the other hand, I can't help but feel like a typical California snob who hasn't seen much of the US because I'm too afraid to leave.

The sad thing is that if I left CA, I would have to leave the automotive culture so unique to this state, and also sell my car.

So, lets hear it: Could or would you move out of California for the right opportunity?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the right opportunities, yes. I have relatives and cousins in other states making a lot more money than if they stayed in CA.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Been to a couple of states for a visit and honestly it will never beat our weather and it wouldn't be as alive compare to the city life. Except for New York. but I still think where we are is one of the best place to live hands down.

as for opportunities hey might as well live outside for a while and see if its something you'll get use to or not. Money can be made anywhere thats for sure.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM

nope.
only way is if i was able to make at least 20k/month, then i'd take it.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I could make a good living in Hawaii, I would be outta Cali in a heart beat.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM

With cost of living going higher and higher and CARB cracking down more and more I could see myself outside of California at some point in my life.

Somewhere near a mountain range or racetrack though
Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to leave California. Not only for the right opportunities but to raise my girl in a nice, clean area.

Don't get me wrong, Nate. I love California...for it's beautiful weather...the fact that we can wear shorts in the winter time. The great theme parks in the area ETC...ETC...

However, my recent trip to New Hampshire made me realise that this place is so infested with dirt (If you catch my drift) That it's not even funny. The people in NH are so nice, they waive to you when your driving against them in traffic. The snow, the wilderness. THE WALMARTS!

It's my dream to move there. As well it is my girls too. I think we will do it, soon. It is just difficult with the parents both being here, and the rest of the family too. I think it is so not worth what we pay to live here also. My friend has a 2000SQ ft house, on 3 acres there, that's 4 bedroom. He pays less then half what we do for our 2 bedroom condo including utilities. Just doesn't make sense to me with all the nature that is offered out there. In comparison to the snobbyness you get in trade here.

NH FTW
Old 07-26-2007, 01:30 PM

I just got back from oregon where my parents live. I may move there in a few yrs due to the following:

1. cleaner
2. less crime
3. people are way nicer
4. houses are cheaper
5. better place to raise kids
6. no sales tax

Cali is cooo, but I fell like I need to make $500M/year to live comfortably. In oregon I could probably live well make $75-100K.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Gatsbee13

Henderson, Nevada. 15 minutes from Vegas. But if i moved out there, id probably end up back in cali though. though not necessarily so cal.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kekoa,Jul 26 2007, 02:30 PM
I just got back from oregon where my parents live. I may move there in a few yrs due to the following:

1. cleaner
2. less crime
3. people are way nicer
4. houses are cheaper
5. better place to raise kids
6. no sales tax

Cali is cooo, but I fell like I need to make $500M/year to live comfortably. In oregon I could probably live well make $75-100K.
We have family in Lake Oswego (just minutes from Portland) and it's a great area. Just don't know if I can handle the north west climate

Quick Reply: Could/Would you ever leave CA?