California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags

Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hero,May 17 2010, 10:30 AM
unnecessary ticket which 3 months later you're found not guilty of...and you still pay the court processing fee.
Exactly, Why should I wait to be reimbursed for being innocent and still pay a processing fee? Seems like the police officer should be the one who pays the processing fee for wasting my time.

Something to think about. Everyone is getting payed except the defendant. Cop, judge, prosecutor and your lawyer are all being payed. You on the other hand are not. Even if you are found innocent you have already been screwed. Time in jail, loss of home, tarnished reputation, lost job, divorce, money and of course your freedom in the mean time.

The system is far from fair and you are far from innocent until proven guilty.

Oh, and Jari is a tiny little man.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jabbarahm,May 17 2010, 01:20 AM
Nothing is open after 1 in Irvine apparently, even Jack n Box, Wendy's and In N Out are closed on a sun night.
Jack box @ uci, 24hrs/day all week, dine in and drive through
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13,May 17 2010, 08:09 AM
so kharma doesnt exist?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol... alot of you guys make me laugh.

"i try to be honest" well in all honesty... you thought you were doing 53, he thought you were doing 60. if you're such a man of integrity, you would've asked for a ticket for 53.

and im glad you think that the officer should cater to your own personal life. "pulling me over, maybe he thinks im drunk? thats crazy, i dont even drink (cuz he would know this how?)"... yeah... im glad officers know all the details of my personal life too.

i still cant believe he DIDNT give you a ticket. he thought you were lying to him... that would've been an automatic citation if i were the cop. cant stand liars.

and then you complain...
Old 05-17-2010, 02:13 PM

oh snap, I didn't know about the jack at UCI. I checked the one on Irvine Ctr Drive, the one on Irv Blvd, the Wendys on Culver, and the In N Out at the District to no avail..is the In N out at UCI open later than others?

ed, ur lack of critical thinking is horrid...

I was explaining my thinking process. And for the 100th time, the questions he asked were perfectly fine. I don't even mind getting pulled over. If he had given me a ticket for 60 I would have been okay with it and contested it, but he's doing his job and he thinks I was speeding, that's fine. If he had given me a breathalizer test, that also would have been perfectly fine. That's all fantastic and not only is it within his right, but it adds to providing a safe driving environment for everyone. And no, I don't believe 53 warrants a ticket so no I would not have asked for a ticket.

For the last time...my issue was the fact he called me a liar. That's not a cop's job...if he thinks I'm lying, give me the ticket, if he doesn't think I'm lying, then don't give me the ticket and just let it go, I don't see why tax money goes to cops making wild assumptions about things they can't possibly know, it's a dick move imo...db8 is right and in comparison to getting beat by the cop, yes it's not as bad and I shouldn't complain about something so small, but I'm on a forum venting my frustration over silly and useless things, I think that's what the internet was invented for =)

that and $$$$$$

so your options for which side of the argument you want to be on are:
a) you believe cops have every right to belittle people they're dealing with
b) you believe a cops job is to uphold the law and provide security to citizens and nothing more

I pick B! =)

anyways, I don't think think the people who are posting are reading previous posts or anything like that, so I'm over it, gl hf =)
Old 05-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jabbarahm,May 17 2010, 03:13 PM
oh snap, I didn't know about the jack at UCI. I checked the one on Irvine Ctr Drive, the one on Irv Blvd, the Wendys on Culver, and the In N Out at the District to no avail..is the In N out at UCI open later than others?

ed, ur lack of critical thinking is horrid...

I was explaining my thinking process. And for the 100th time, the questions he asked were perfectly fine. I don't even mind getting pulled over. If he had given me a ticket for 60 I would have been okay with it and contested it, but he's doing his job and he thinks I was speeding, that's fine. If he had given me a breathalizer test, that also would have been perfectly fine. That's all fantastic and not only is it within his right, but it adds to providing a safe driving environment for everyone. And no, I don't believe 53 warrants a ticket so no I would not have asked for a ticket.

For the last time...my issue was the fact he called me a liar. That's not a cop's job...if he thinks I'm lying, give me the ticket, if he doesn't think I'm lying, then don't give me the ticket and just let it go, I don't see why tax money goes to cops making wild assumptions about things they can't possibly know, it's a dick move imo...db8 is right and in comparison to getting beat by the cop, yes it's not as bad and I shouldn't complain about something so small, but I'm on a forum venting my frustration over silly and useless things, I think that's what the internet was invented for =)

that and $$$$$$

so your options for which side of the argument you want to be on are:
a) you believe cops have every right to belittle people they're dealing with
b) you believe a cops job is to uphold the law and provide security to citizens and nothing more

I pick B! =)

anyways, I don't think think the people who are posting are reading previous posts or anything like that, so I'm over it, gl hf =)
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jari8378,May 17 2010, 09:54 AM
Next time, Punch the COP to post a better story.

HAHAHA
Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 PM

i had heard a story, don't know if it's true...

some guy in the mortgage industry was straight up balling a couple years ago and he had religiously donated a ton of the money to local police departments. He also paid for that one sticker they give out for high donators. Rumor is that if you have the sticker and you get pulled over the cop will let you go since you pretty much pay his salary.

So the guy is driving on PCH hammered and gets pulled over by a cop. He's thinking it's no big deal. Cop looks at him and is like, ok, you're being arrested for a DUI. The guy starts screaming at him like, wtf, you know how much money I gave your department last year? Who the hell do you think you are. Cop doesn't back down and moves into arrest the guy. The guy ends up beating the shit out of the cop...like really bad.

Guy gets arrested and put in jail...lol

Can anyone confirm this story? I heard it from my credit manager.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ In washington state some years ago we had the same thing.

The sticker was a small bear that you'd put on your license. People found out after a couple years and it stopped.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by moogleii,May 17 2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah but it's not exactly like it's a bill from Denny's.
If it was a Dennys bill it would be unpaid

Quick Reply: Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags