California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags

Old 05-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuagmireS2k,May 17 2010, 09:48 AM
What is it with all these threads lately? You didn't get a ticket so stop acting like a baby. Cops are supposed to ask those questions.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM

Dude its Irvine, Irvine PD gets really bored. I usually see like 3-4 squad cars on Friday/Saturday nights on a simple pull over or them question teenagers haha.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pissed posting is as bad as drunk posting
lucky he did not give you that 60mph ticket would have been $250+
remember, You are guilty until you prove your innocents

Another post on the internet, someone had a video running during a drive, got pulled over and cop said he was racing.
Went to court with video and MADE a A$$ of the cop.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM

no, u guys r missing the point

I don't mind that i was pulled over. It was 1:30 AM or so..Even if he didn't think i was speeding it's an odd time to be driving around irvine, and the questions aren't a problem either. That's perfectly reasonable.

Even if he gave me the ticket, I woulda been like, wtf man and contested it, but that also would have been fine because he'd be doing his job. In his eyes he thinks I was speeding, that's perfectly fine.

My problem was with the lecture. That's the douche baggery part. Not the other stuff...ur right, he's doing his job.

I'm lucky i didnt get the ticket? I don't care, if i was doing something wrong, I deserve it. I don't however deserve to be called a liar when I'm not lying...I whole heartedly believe I was not speeding and I have a right to argue my case. Don't call me a liar because you think differently. You have an on-dash camera, give me the ticket then...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by jabbarahm,May 17 2010, 02:20 AM
Officer: Yeah, I got you doing 60
Me: I'mmmmm pretty sure that isn't right...I had my cruise control set at around 53, there is no way
(NO way. No way you were going 60. You were set at around 53. NO WAY!!!)
Now i have a few issues with this whole situation. If he did in fact catch me doing 60, which is probable. I could have been wrong and not set my cruise control although I normally do drive with it regardless of where im driving aside a parking lot.
(Oh wait... you mean you could have been wrong? I thought there was NO WAY?!?!)
I live my entire life to be as honest as I can be.
(except when telling cops straight up that there was NO WAY... when you could be wrong.)
**** YOU for not only thinking i"m lying, but stating it as a ****** fact. And your ****** job is to uphold the law, not give out your ****** parenting skills to people who don't want to hear shit from you. Working a night shift cause you bought a house too big for you and your down syndrome children...****** asshole

**** I HATE COPS SOMETIMES!
(Wait... people on S2ki are bitching now about NOT getting tickets?)

Let the anger out man, you kids growing up in mommy and daddy's house in Irvine sure have a tough life .
Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 AM

most of the time i keep my answers to simple yes or no's...but usually after it's all said and done, hopefully in my favor, i end the conversation with a fairly sarcastic "thank you for keeping me safe officer".

the stares i've gotten after that would make even jack bauer cry.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 AM

thinking back, I shouldn't have just agreed in the end. I should have asked for the ticket but argued my case more. It bothers me that he walked away thinking he was right. I was def concerned about getting a ticket for something I believe I didn't do, but I was more concerned that this douche of a cop who already sounds pissed would just lose it if I escalated it further...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Gatsbee13

snowball effect. close now.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 AM

To the OP, I feel you. I consider myself a very honest person, too. I *hate* when cops accuse me of lying when I'm not. No, it's not even an accusation; they act so sure that you are lying that not even Jesus would sway them. The Shield has conferred upon them the power of mind reading. That or a lot of reruns of Lie to Me.

Just last week I went to SNA to pick up my friend. I saw someone that looked just like her, so I started preparing to get into the right lane. Sheriff walks up and says I can only park if I see the person I'm picking up. I say I do, and point her out. I do a rolling "stop", realize it's not her, and pull back out into middle lane immediately. Sheriff walks over and says he doesn't like being lied to. Why would I lie just to do a rolling stop and immediately leave? That doesn't make sense.

I explain in a calm and rationale matter. But then he says I'm lying, that I didn't really see her, and that I "parked." "I'm not lying. "Yes you are." At this point I'm ticked and running my mouth off like an idiot, but whatever. It doesn't help that there's a cadillac literally next to me (and behind the cop) parked in the right lane.

Not very professional at all. I guess treating all citizens like untrustworthy crooks is the status quo now. You just have to be happy that they don't ticket you, and accept being walked over. Yay.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:37 AM

i heart my db8....thank you for taking my quotes out of context

i'm giving the officer the benefit of the doubt in the whole speeding thing when I say it's probable. I'm pretty sure I wasn't speeding though. I even looked down at the gauge cluster when i saw this car speeding up at me from a mile back and I was NOT doing 60. But hey, maybe a few seconds before that I was...maybe I didn't set cruise control like i normally do...but I wouldn't know because i do it out of habit and it's not a conscious decision while driving

Quick Reply: Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags