California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags

Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags

So I got out of the gym at like 1:30 AM and I'm driving all around Irvine looking for a place to get some food. Nothing is open after 1 in Irvine apparently, even Jack n Box, Wendy's and In N Out are closed on a sun night.

I turn off of Culver onto Irvine Blvd and less than a mile later I'm getting pulled over from a cop. As I'm getting pulled over I'm thinking why would he pull me over and the only thing I can come up with is that I got too close to the left white line in my lane, maybe he thinks I'm drunk? That's silly...I don't even drink, but okay, let's do this.

Officer: You were driving pretty fast there weren't you?
Me: Huh?
Officer: You know what the speed is on this street?
Me: Isn't it 50?
Officer: Yeah, I got you doing 60
Me: I'mmmmm pretty sure that isn't right...I had my cruise control set at around 53, there is no way
Officer: Well I got you doing 60...Well let me see your driver liscense
Is this current address blah blah blah
Me: Yes, but I'm staying with fam in irvine
Officer: Have you been arrested before, are you on probation?
Me: No
Officer: Have you been drinking tonight, what are you doing?
Me: No...I don't even drink. I just got out of the gym, I'm looking for some food...
Officer: Is the car registered to you, let me get the registration
Me: *hands stuff over*
Officer: Okay Ill be right back

5 min later
Officer Returns
Officer: Okay buddy, slow down for me okay?
Me: Sure
Officer: *super stern parental voice* And next time, don't lie to an officer. I saw you turn off of Culver onto Irvine Blvd, there is no way you had enough time to set your cruise control. So don't give me that, and don't lie. Just say your sorry next time...
Me: ***** i should punch this guy so hard right now...****!* Okay...thanks

Now i have a few issues with this whole situation. If he did in fact catch me doing 60, which is probable. I could have been wrong and not set my cruise control although I normally do drive with it regardless of where im driving aside a parking lot. So say he caught me, then give me a ticket. I'm okay with that. If I broke the law, that's fine, I should pay the fine. I'd contest it and then he'd bring his on-dash video tape which would show me doing 60 for enough of a time that it warranted a ticket and I would feel silly but i'd pay the fine and the court fees.
However, how is it that I didn't have time to set cruise control, but somehow I had enough time in less than a mile to speed up to 60 in my POS saturn...

And more importantly, why are you implying I'm lying when you don't know. What MOTHER****ING DOUCHE BAGGERY IS THAT. It pisses me off so much because I live my entire life to be as honest as I can be. When teachers give me a test back that gives me points I didn't deserve, I always went back and told the teacher I didn't deserve the grade I was given. Last year, i got paid vacation pay that was way more than I deserved and I told my GL manager that I think I got overpaid. **** YOU for not only thinking i"m lying, but stating it as a ****** fact. And your ****** job is to uphold the law, not give out your ****** parenting skills to people who don't want to hear shit from you. Working a night shift cause you bought a house too big for you and your down syndrome children...****** asshole

**** I HATE COPS SOMETIMES!

Sorry...I'm normally a nice person
Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 AM

PS...I don't believe there was any racial profiling...but he was Asian and if I was a whale I don't know how out of hand that situation could have gotten
Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 AM

WOW!

sometimes cops have nothing better to do man, sorry to hear this.

at least he didnt slap you with a ticket.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cops.... wow.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Gatsbee13

so kharma doesnt exist?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM

title is a little misleading. just be glad he didnt give you a ticket. time to move on.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by jabbarahm,May 17 2010, 01:24 AM
PS...I don't believe there was any racial profiling...but he was Asian and if I was a whale I don't know how out of hand that situation could have gotten

nice call back from the other thread
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonboy81,May 17 2010, 08:05 AM
title is a little misleading. just be glad he didnt give you a ticket. time to move on.
Correct, you should be grateful that he didn't give you a ticket for no reason.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 AM

cops do lie, too.

I had a cop took my driver license and registration.
I have to go to police station, ask for his supervisor to take it back.

When he pull me over, he said I don't have front plate + 3rd brake light.
When I was in the police station, he told his supervisor I don't have front plate + modify exhaust (my tiny stock civic exhaust). I was like WTF.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it with all these threads lately? You didn't get a ticket so stop acting like a baby. Cops are supposed to ask those questions.

Quick Reply: Cops have every right to act like Douche Bags