California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

confused about career choices

Old 07-27-2006 | 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IheartS2ks,Jul 27 2006, 05:47 AM
I've heard dentistry leads to suicide! J/K

Well I think it used to. I think that's just an urban myth now.

Do what will make you happy. My job is low stress, I get benifits, a lot of time off, but the pay is a tad low. However I'm really content. Its not my dream job, but it gives me time to do what I want.
i can see why lol. that why i think id take the extra years to become an ortho. seems less stressful and more fun
Old 07-27-2006 | 08:17 PM

In general people shoudn't knock what other people do for a living; we are all no more than a few bad breaks away from hard emotional or financial times.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with your carrer choice; however, my Dad gave me some real good advice when I was a much younger man...

"You can marry more money in ten minutes than you can make in a lifetime."

As for me, I joined the military, then went to college, found and married the girl of my dreams, AND drive an S2000... Life is good!
Old 07-27-2006 | 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Alexei,Jul 27 2006, 09:17 PM] In general people shoudn't knock what other people do for a living; we are all no more than a few bad breaks away from hard emotional or financial times.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with your carrer choice; however, my Dad gave me some real good advice when I was a much younger man...

"You can marry more money in ten minutes than you can make in a lifetime."

As for me, I joined the military, then went to college, found and married the girl of my dreams, AND drive an S2000...
Old 07-28-2006 | 11:06 AM

Geoff:

Do what you Feel is well. its not so much about being absolutely certain about what you want in life, want to do, want to be, want blah blah. its about knowing what you don't want, that helps shape your future. and you gain that through experience. we all get burned trying things out, there is no one fast track to success.. most of us are still learning : )

again, level of success is based on personal perception, i think back-cracker said it best with that list..

what motivates YOU personally?

one thing tho.. we are all motivated by money, each person has to decide if they're going to sell themselves out as a whore like anna nicole smith (married 90 yr old, then took half his money when he died. you know why, she was 20 for christ sake) or if you can accept a moderate path, or blow it all on coke, blah blah. too much of anything is not good for you. in any way shape or form. just.. focus on what makes you, the kid inside you, happy. if its chasing girls around. do it, but dont be surprised if your 38 with an bachelors apt. if you want to marry, go for it, but make sure you can support your choices. if you want to just travel, hell, buy a one way ticket and go! earn your way as you make your way around the world. if you're the trust fund baby, well.. no comment there, we've all seen what happens there... just explore, experiment, you will feel what is right.. dont fight your instincts, just wait for that moment when you feel it, catch it, and run with it. you'll end up just fine. all it takes, is the belief. have faith in yourself and you will succeed, dont just do it for materialistic reasons.