California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Complaint about Kolbe Honda Service Dept.

Old 12-29-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys

from my past experience, kolbe honda has provided amiable, good service that far exceeds those of other local valley honda dealerships (miller...)

anyways, i had brought my car in for the 7500 mi service. they called me back around 4 (they close at 630) to tell me my car was done so we went down to pick it up ~5:30.

well, service sucks (duh its honda) so 15 or so min spent staring at civic exhausts in the parts dept for the cashier to finally come out and call up the car. honda service, what do you expect.

anyways get in the car, start driving...wtf? what is that noise? some annoying humming/vibrating noise is coming from somewhere next to me. My 5 minute investigation revealed the sound seemed to be coming from infront/left of me (me being in the drivers position), and seemed to go away when i turned off the stereo. (only been driving 5 minutes, damn to hell if im going to figure out the EXACT cause) either way, god awful annoying and definetly audible.

so, i bite the bullet, and try to find somewhere i can bust a bitch in the quagmire that is Reseda Blvd traffic at 6pm. ;/

head back to the dealership - all the garages are closed, no ones really around, two guys standin behind the counter that i had just seen a whole 10 minutes prior. one of them is talking to some lady about her civic. great. i approach the other guy -

"hi i just dropped my car off 5 minutes ago its making a noise i really didn't bring my car to you to have another problem."

"yes. you talk to him. (points at the other guy)" was his reply. doesn't seem he speaks english.

so i stand there staring at this woman picking up her car from this guy. they're talking about what she wants to do with her car, sell it, repair it, he says he can get her a deal for $100, etc etc. this was all small talk, the lady had only brought her car in for a minor service.

now gee. i was just there 10 minutes ago, your dealership caused me the problem i returned for, maybe you should help me?

he continues to stand and talk. after maybe 5 minutes i go "excuse me i just picked up my car from you 5 minutes ago theres a noise coming from the car is there someone i can talk to"

"i dont know who your service advisor is but we're pretty much closed"

"well i just picked up my car from you guys 5 minutes ago and now theres a problem so maybe you should help me"

but it goes to - "Well im not your service advisor and you interrupted me here with my customer..."

"do you represent your dealership?"

"well you interrupted..." (cue panicking mechanic defending his job)

"Whats your name?"

(continue defense, doesnt tell me name)

i turn around and walk towards my car ignoring whatever he has to say and at the door i ask him if hes going to give me his name
and he does "John Smith with an S!" (name changed but his last name started with an S and thats what he said)

*angry s2k drives off*

time to return tomorrow to complain woohoo.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:02 PM

Hey, at least they didn't ding it RIGHT after you got the car new... Scott Robinson Honda in Torrance can blow me - and I am not talking about turbo, either.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=163084
Old 12-29-2003, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those guys at Kolbe have no clue what they are doing. I stopped taking my car there along time ago.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:56 PM

Power honda dinged my brand new car changing out the badges that I made them throw into the deal. It looks like they're going to honor they're promise to remedy it, though.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oatnet
Hey, at least they didn't ding it RIGHT after you got the car new...
Old 12-30-2003, 07:26 AM

Sorry about your misfortunes guys, I guess it is too much to ask for your car to be returned like it was brought to them. Careless S.O.B.s

Ryan