California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Clutch Replacement + Weird Feeling Pedal

Old 01-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also possible that some of the internal seals are torn, and fluid is just bypassing, instead of there being air. Both are very probably. Def try bleeding those lines first.

Just checked rock auto, its about 200 bucks for both the clutch master and clutch slave.

Edit: Long story short about me, I was a technician with DC performance. They handle and specialize in dodge vipers, 1st through 4th gens. If its been broken on a viper, ive fixed it. I also handled a good portion of our supercharger, suspension, and brake upgrade installs. Ive left only recently back to las vegas to pursue a career with the police instead of cars. I am however down in LA for a couple of weeks taking care of some final business before I move back. You can take it somewhere if youd like but if youd like to save some money feel free to hit me up (meaning ill gladly help you for free)
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 PM

wow Sideways, If you're willing to help me out I'd definitely take you up on the offer. However, what tools would we need for this type of job? I would need to try to locate any tools that are "special" for this sort of job. Then I'd need to buy the parts of course.

lunch/dinner and drinks on me !!!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 PM

i was looking at rock auto, and there's 2 different prices for the clutch slave. there's one thats $90 and another thats $30. HUGE difference, wtf?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:39 PM

Do you have aim? Feel free to hit me up on it; Freelancer900. I dont know what if any special tools are needed for the s2k, Im just on here because I love the cars and the community- I myself own a 86 corolla and a 72 240z. Id have to look under your dash and firewall from the engine bay to tell you how difficult it would be to do it, and what tools i would need. Im pretty sure a basic socket set will cover it, which I already have. Honda usually employs a system limiting how many work hours are needed to replace key parts on their vehicles, if the techs can not meet that time realisticly the car is litteraly re-engineered to be able to do so, So i wont imagine its too terribly difficult. Ive yet to see a rear wheel drive with a totaly pita clutch slave either.

But before you go wasting money on parts, I highly reccomend bleeding the system first. If you need help with this Id of course be glad to come help. All it will cost on your end is a bottle of hydualic fluid so its the cheapest/easiest path to start with.

As for the price difference, theres no picture so I'm not sure. Maybe its a rebuild kit?