California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

CHP Exam Score?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=JohnnyChang,Nov 29 2008, 03:09 PM] Maybe you did not study enough are just not intelligent which maybe explain your decision to become police officer.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Nov 29 2008, 03:44 PM
Typically I'm known for taking something simple and making it long and complicated.....

Here I'll TRY to do the opposite:

I am on this forum to try to cure my low self-esteem and talk trash to someone who is actually trying to make something of himself because I'm not.

I took this test and went through all the trouble of doing so because that's just the kind of lame ass person I am, and my self-confidence is that of a 13 year old rape victim.

I will now compare your test to something unrelated that I ALSO couldn't possibly pass and I'll make a lot of assumptions and say you can't either because once again, I am a little girl or at least I have the penis size of one.

-Love Johnny

-Greg
Old 11-29-2008, 03:01 PM
viK

You dummy a 53 is fail

Jk =]
Old 11-29-2008, 03:14 PM

My best guess:

I believe the exam is weighted, meaning there are several different versions of the written exam with varying difficulty. Consequently, they come up with a weighted figure based upon the difficulty of the exam you took.

I took an exam (DANTES) fairly recently that gave me the result in the format you received. It told me minimum passing score and my score (thankfully I barely passed.)

Congrats and good luck with the rest!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaBlueS2k,Nov 29 2008, 04:14 PM
My best guess:

I believe the exam is weighted, meaning there are several different versions of the written exam with varying difficulty. Consequently, they come up with a weighted figure based upon the difficulty of the exam you took.

I took an exam (DANTES) fairly recently that gave me the result in the format you received. It told me minimum passing score and my score (thankfully I barely passed.)

Congrats and good luck with the rest!
What was the minimum passing score you needed for yours?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xuberant,Nov 29 2008, 02:08 PM
The letter said I passed the exam and gave me the location for my agility test.
What im trying to figure out is if they have some kind of point system where you need so many points combined in order to be accepted into the academy.
No, what they do is the day of the agility test you fill out a 'pre' background check application. Basically asks personal questions about your past, drinking habits, doing drugs, and your finances. Then they will take you 1 by 1 with a 'profiler' for the CHP and they will go over your background check and ask questions about your application depending on whats on it. Believe it or not if you have bad credit or you are behind on any credit cards you WILL NOT go through. i.e. collections, high balances, bankruptcies, etc...Then from there you will have to go through a mental eval, then take a lie detector test. From there its pretty much downhill. The lasts steps are the vision test, a physical and so forth.

They do however favor people who have had past military experience, or who are bi-lingual, can ride a motorcycle and K-9 training. If you don't have any of those chances are not as good. My suggestion is take a second language and put it on your app. The academy is basically like boot camp and college combined. Its about 8 months long and you have to graduate in order to become a 'CHP'. It's a lot of studying of the Calif. drivers codes and what not. Sooooo, good luck. Be prepared to run 3-5 miles a day about 4 times a weeks in the academy. It sucks.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by xuberant,Nov 29 2008, 05:34 PM
What was the minimum passing score you needed for yours?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LagunaBlueS2k,Nov 29 2008, 09:29 PM
400 for just the exam??
Old 11-29-2008, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=JohnnyChang,Nov 29 2008, 02:09 PM]Maybe you did not study enough are just not intelligent which maybe explain your decision to become police officer.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you did not study enough are just not intelligent which maybe explain your decision to become police officer. HAHA how can someone score low on exam like this??
I just take many police practice exam online to see how it is and I score high and I am foreigner!
If you barely pass this exam I wonder how you do on American medical school or lawyer exam HAHA!
Seriously, If you hate the USA then take your ass back to whatever crappy country you are from!

Quick Reply: CHP Exam Score?