California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Casey Anthony Acquitted

Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Not many that are blatantly obvious where the mom murders a 2 year old though....
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Idiocracy" is prophecy not comedy. Watch the movie and be enlightened.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look, we all know she had something to do with her daughters death or atleast had some info that we will never know, but the prosecution didnt have any conclusive evidence. All they had were expert opinions. The jury made.the right call. The defense created enough doubt. Good job for doing his job...
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM

I've been there - had to vote "not guilty" even though all 12 of us knew he beat up his girlfriend. Left me with a very bitter taste for our justice system. Sad thing was the defense knew he was guilty but he did his job anyway. Reasonable doubt is a bitch.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when your dad is a former police man... yea
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
Not sure why people care about this.

Nancy Grace just spent 3 years convicting this woman in the press, only to leave with egg on her face.

Good for the victorious Defense attorney to condemn the 'experts' and talking heads.

And good for the jury for refusing to talk to the press.
How is any of that good? I am floored that you actually think this. She killed her daughter.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Not Sure
I've been there - had to vote "not guilty" even though all 12 of us knew he beat up his girlfriend. Left me with a very bitter taste for our justice system. Sad thing was the defense knew he was guilty but he did his job anyway. Reasonable doubt is a bitch.
This.

So lets just beat her down in the streets.

New rule, if 99% of America knows you did it, you just get beat down anyway. LOL
Old 07-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuagmireS2k
How is any of that good? I am floored that you actually think this. She killed her daughter.
I have no evidence that she killed her daughter, and apparently neither did the prosecutor nor the entire state of Florida.
And with all the forensic expertise these days, it's virtually impossible to get away with murder.

Listen -- I'm not emotionally invested in this, so please don't think I'm speaking from a place of passion.
It's a tragedy that her daughter died, and it sounds (from the very little I heard today) that Casey was molested by her father (and mother ???) and she's not right in the head.

But for Nancy Grace to say "The Devil is Dancing" today?
For people to gleefully run to get a seat in the courthouse like it's entertainment just for them?
There is so much about this case that sickens me...I fail to understand why ANYONE would want to spend even a minute thinking about it at all electively.

And, as the Orange County Sheriff said after the case was decided, there are 120 other murder investigations and over a dozen of them are children JUST IN HIS COUNTY right now. Yet the media doesn't give a damn about any of them.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

^ Fair.....

Yet you do KNOW that OJ cut his wife's head off with a non-serrated blade right? We all knew that to be true as well.

I've no emotional attachment either, I just think she deserves to be put to death and society deserves it too.

I grow tired of one man accused of 5 murders and found innocent of them all. At some point I raise the question of said persons presence and so many murders. "Gee you seem to be around a lot of people who get murdered!". LOL I see this case as something similar, when oh so many facts point to her but none can han her I still eventually feel the circumstantial and other unsubstantiated evidence starts to make it painfully obvious that the person is indeed guilty. I'd like to see her charged with something for not reporting it as well. She should be caught up one way or another if that's the best the system can do.

She's lucky that child isn't my daughter, that I can promise, I'd own a gun and a shovel and I'd have only used the shovel on her though I'd be sure to get her to confess using ANY means so that the world could hear the details before Casey died at my hands.

Good times, I should stop writing now, I'm opening my second burgundy.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM

We live in a society that would rather set 10 guilty people free than convict one innocent person.

You have to accept that fact -- it's the definition of our judicial system.
The burden of proof is almost impossibly high, yet that's the American way.
It always has been.

Yes, we all know OJ did it.
In fact, Marcia Cross was interviewed tonight and she said the idea of DNA evidence was so new 16 years ago that she literally had to say (in her closing argument) to IGNORE the overwhelming DNA evidence and just go by the circumstantial evidence.

Except in the Casey Anthony case there IS NO DNA EVIDENCE.
It sucks -- absolutely.
It also sucks that Casey was repeatedly raped by her father and possibly her brother.
It sucks that, like with OJ, this probably won't be the last time we see Casey Anthony in court because sociopaths (if she is one, which it certainly looks like she is) cannot change their ways.

But the worst part of this whole thing are the thousands of other unsolved murder cases of other children all across this country that might be solved with 1% of this media attention.

Quick Reply: Casey Anthony Acquitted