California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Car Show Thoughts

Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9000RPM,Feb 8 2006, 11:23 AM
Would you guys and gals go to a club, let's say the night before, to be able to interact with participants of the carshows? I.E. Models, Drivers, etc?? Maybe have a meet and greet with them to sign autographs and take pictures and such. Or even just be able to have a drink with them and talk??
no. I wouldnt go. I know there are events like this around now, just dont see the point in them. It may work for the younger generation, but then again they are not allowed into the club
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see carshows with cars that actually perform. But thats just me, I'm pretty sure everyone else my age just wants to see more scantily clad women dancing around ugly cars.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:44 AM

I remember back in the days the emission fee's was so damn cheap! now it's the price of a theme park ? wtf is going on ? I prefer going to a meet then a huge ass car show.

P.S. the girls are getting butt ugly and there alot of rude mother's at the car show. Alot of gangster is going and starting beef with other people. Totally kill the showing enviroment
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Feb 8 2006, 11:41 AM
I would like to see carshows with cars that actually perform. But thats just me, I'm pretty sure everyone else my age just wants to see more scantily clad women dancing around ugly cars.
performance is good, but how would you be able to tell in a car show setting, I can plum up all kinds of neat things, but doesnt mean that they will work
Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Kel

Originally Posted by webestore,Feb 8 2006, 11:57 AM
performance is good, but how would you be able to tell in a car show setting, I can plum up all kinds of neat things, but doesnt mean that they will work
Well, heres my idea for a weekend:

Day 1 can run a track day/weekend simultaneously with a car show. Car show can procceed like normal or whatevers on day one. The track day can be open to anyone who signs up and show cars for test/tune.

Day 2, Instead of having judges pick 1,2,3; have them pick top 3(based on show), and then use time attack for scoring top 3 plus 1 wild card; with a fourth place runner up in scoring. Wild card can be something like fastest time from everyone other then teh original 3 who were not picked. So, morning can run competition for the wild cards and afternoon can be for the actual awards/trophys, or whatevers.

The only venue that could host something like what I'm thinking of is Cal Speedway. Even though tis the closest track, its still out in the boonies(Fontucky). Another option is someplace like Qualcomm and do AutoX instead of a Track Time Attack but, AutoX is pretty boring to watch.

I know my idea has tons of flaws(I can think of a few already), but its just what I think would be ideal. Hey, you asked for input right?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Feb 8 2006, 12:40 PM
Well, heres my idea for a weekend:

Day 1 can run a track day/weekend simultaneously with a car show. Car show can procceed like normal or whatevers on day one. The track day can be open to anyone who signs up and show cars for test/tune.

Day 2, Instead of having judges pick 1,2,3; have them pick top 3(based on show), and then use time attack for scoring top 3 plus 1 wild card;fourth can be soemthing like runner up or whatever. Wild card can be something like fastest time from everyone else who was not picked. So, morning can run competition for the wild cards and afternoon can be for the actual awards/trophys, or whatevers.

The only venue that could host something like what I'm thinking of is Cal Speedway. Even though tis the closest track, its still out in the boonies(Fontucky). Another option is someplace like Qualcomm and do AutoX instead of a Track Time Attack but, AutoX is pretty boring to watch.

I know my idea has tons of flaws(I can think of a few already), but its just what I think would be ideal. Hey, you asked for input right?
yeah time attack is awesome, I think superstreet is gonna do alot of time attack events this year. should be great. Looking forward to it
Old 02-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by webestore,Feb 8 2006, 12:55 PM
yeah time attack is awesome, I think superstreet is gonna do alot of time attack events this year. should be great. Looking forward to it
Nice, but I don't like the idea of having cars with Corperate backing involved... (Like GM and their Cobalt).
Old 02-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

I think one major factor is the COST. If you keep the cost down more people will go. Isn't it like $25? Thats a rip!

That Drfit event at Irwendal is what a car event should be. Since there are car shows, vendors, girls, and drifting. And at a cost that isn't that much more than a standard HIN.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Kel

Yes, but I find drifting to be like the figure skating is to speed skating. Plus, its a higher chance your car shatters into a million pieces along that wall.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Feb 8 2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, but I find drifting to be like the figure skating is to speed skating. Plus, its a higher chance your car shatters into a million pieces along that wall.
yeah ... people love that.. makes the crowds go crazee

Quick Reply: Car Show Thoughts