California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

CAN I GET AWAY WITH THIS SPEEDING TICKET?! O.o

Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN I GET AWAY WITH THIS SPEEDING TICKET?! O.o

so i was at a pool hall in garden grove in my 97 camry and when i had gotten home to irvine, i realized i had left my wallet at the bench when i was out for a smoke.

quickly got in my s2000 and sped towards my destination; the bench infront of the pool hall.
get on the 22 and i'm in the car pool lane
WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE ALWAYS DRIVE SLOW WHEN YOU ARE IN A HURRY..
and i realize the carpool lane is about to close so i quickly change lanes to the fast lane and pass through cars going about.. 85~90ish.
i tell my brother who was in the car with me to watch out for cops cuz i dont want to lose my wallet again.
about 30 seconds after what do i see in my rearview mirror? flashing lights in my rearview mirror.. ****!
i get off the freeway on euclid, make a right and turn in to another right where it seemed more safe.
he gets out the car asking what the hell is my problem.
he starts complaining to me.. "it's 5 minutes before i get off so im headed to go get some donuts when i see your ass driving down the freeway like you want to be in a speed chase! i see you see me and slow down so i thought, hey, i'll give this kid a break i just want some donuts then you sped up back up to 90+!"
i was actually slowing down because of traffic.. i dont like to get too close to cars always leave about a semi-truck length between.
so he asks for my drivers license.. i tell him i dont have it that im actually in a hurry because im trying to find it.
well long story short.. he wrote me up a ticket for going 80mph when i was going well above 90..

now lets get to the point.
this ticket was given to me on the 16th of june.. and the ticket due date was the 27th of august.
i tried literally around 15 times on different occasions to both look up my ticket online and and the front desk at the court by no show.
so im thinking SWEET! HE FORGOT TO TURN IT IN.
but she says they have a whole ****ing year to turn it in!? O.o
im not gonna remember to check it constantly for a whole year for something they forgot to do.
now im ****ing pist and i dont wanna get ****ed over so i keep checking til the 26th.
i get up in the morning on the 27th and go to court and they still couldnt find it so they both stamp and photocopy my ticket.
they tell me that they will send something in the mail to me in 3 weeks and if i dont get anything in the mail that i need to call them for further information.

now im a 19 year old kids trying to pay for a s2000.. what did i get myself into >.<
saving $410 and my time going to traffic school wouldn't be so bad..
now its the sept 14th so 2 and 1/2 week has gone by.
wtf do i do?
i wanna get off this ticket but i dont wanna get ****ed over by them later on trying to ignore it.
any advice?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:21 PM

Did you ever get your wallet back?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:22 PM

oh haha yes i did, the owner found it while he was out for a smoke and held it there for me.
so that night COULD have been worse.. haha
Old 09-14-2008, 12:35 PM

I have no idea about your ticket, but glad you got your wallet back, that can be a pain in the a$$ to deal with having to cancel and replace everything.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he prolly forgot to get a napkin when he got his donut so he used your ticket as a napkin

glad u got your wallet back
Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 PM

I'm going thru something similar. Cop mis-wrote some of my info down so there's no ticket under my driving record. What happens with delinquent tickets is first the bill doubles after the expiration date, then a collection agency is notified and they send u a letter, then your license is revoked. To check for bills owed to collection agencies and such you can check online crediting places like experian or transunion.....you only get a handful of free checks on those per year. For your driving record just call your car insurance and ask about your driving record points, or a revoked license.
As a heads up, my $300 ticket jumped to $880 after the expiration. But my record and license are still clean
Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM

just keep checking back.. if he doesnt turn it in ur off the hook. they usually dont have a reason to keep it that long unless they lose it.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kpap2,Sep 14 2008, 01:14 PM
i get up in the morning on the 27th and go to court and they still couldnt find it so they both stamp and photocopy my ticket.
they tell me that they will send something in the mail to me in 3 weeks and if i dont get anything in the mail that i need to call them for further information.
Sounds like he didn't even file the ticket because he was too lazy to do the paper work. Then you had to go screw yourself by going down to court and turning the ticket in to prove that you got a ticket.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they lost the ticket, you now HAVE a ticket Owell...
Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 AM

yea.. i thought i screwed myself over.. but someone very close to me recently got put in jail for something she didn't know that the court never give her notice for so i was kind of sketched out.
i did not want to get screwed over and have to pay additional fines when i'm already short on budget.
we'll it's still not showing up so i'm just gonna hope they forget about it.
at least i have a stamp on my ticket if anything comes up..
thanks for the comments guys.

Quick Reply: CAN I GET AWAY WITH THIS SPEEDING TICKET?! O.o