California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Calling out Jay

Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew523,Nov 6 2008, 10:25 PM
Karma baby, he'll get his and it will be x10 worst hopefully.
Psh, karma is just the powerless person's cheap escape from a real resolution. This isn't directed at you, but karma-hoping just kinda annoys me. It's just wishful thinking. People get away with shit all the time without consequence. Justice and equity take real effort. And if it doesn't happen, a magical force isn't going to set things right.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 PM

how much gas does it cost to drive to vegas and back?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by moogleii,Nov 7 2008, 12:30 AM
Psh, karma is just the powerless person's cheap escape from a real resolution. This isn't directed at you, but karma-hoping just kinda annoys me. It's just wishful thinking. People get away with shit all the time without consequence. Justice and equity take real effort. And if it doesn't happen, a magical force isn't going to set things right.
True, but lets face it. OP isn't some thug that is gonna shake him down for the money. Also sending people/enforcers to bust him up isn't exactly the best thing either.

I mean dude, what else you going to say. Threaten the guy with bodily injury if he doesn't pay and actually go F him up? Enjoy going to jail.

Well besides that, maybe a magical rock will appear on his car...
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Drew523,Nov 7 2008, 01:15 AM
Well besides that, maybe a magical rock will appear on his car...
he wouldn't be able to sell it then lol
Old 11-07-2008, 01:11 AM

Wow I spent 40 minutes reading through this entire so sorry I feel like I should post as I need to wake up for work in 5 hours... sigh!

All in all, despite having family problems, I am really angry at those defending the buyer that "family comes first" and he has "personal issues to attend to". If you know/knew that, 1) what the hell are you doing on an s2000 forum, 2) especially trying to buy ANYTHING, 3) if you specified that and kept in touch with the seller (who seems extremely understanding and compassionate) then your personal life would not have spilled onto here. I am truly sorry about your situation as it does sound rough and something I would not like to ever go through, but it seems like better decisions regarding car product purchases could have been made.

I mean if I had financial problems right now, then it's okay for me to scam a buyer to make a little profit for myself because I need the money for personal problems right? Wrong.

This does go both ways and I don't want to beat on a dead dog but it seems like the seller learned a lesson, albeit has now lost trust which hurts all ethical and moral people out there. And sometimes people wonder why other people have trust issues... it can be from one experience like this that can ruin trust in others for a lifetime.

I respect that people are trying to stick up for him, but honestly I don't see anything worthy to stick up for. I hope this gets resolved and best of luck to you OP.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Update: I have not heard a word from Jay in over a month. He has not returned my voicemails nor text messages.

Moderators: How is it that Jay hasn't been permanently banned from this forum? By not doing so you are in effect condoning his bad behavior.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Nov 19 2008, 11:01 AM
Update: I have not heard a word from Jay in over a month. He has not returned my voicemails nor text messages.

Moderators: How is it that Jay hasn't been permanently banned from this forum? By not doing so you are in effect condoning his bad behavior.
The admins know about the situation and has revoked the selling pri. of the member.

The member only has access to post and return PM. If you like the admins to ban him, that means, there is no PM availible to communicate with you and this subject is perm. locked and considered dead.

The choice is yours.

BC
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Nov 19 2008, 12:11 PM
The admins know about the situation and has revoked the selling pri. of the member.

The member only has access to post and return PM. If you like the admins to ban him, that means, there is no PM availible to communicate with you and this subject is perm. locked and considered dead.

The choice is yours.

BC
Thanks for that information. With that said, let's keep this thread open but refrain from any further posting with the exception of Jay providing us all with an explanation as to why he is not resolving this debt in a satisfactory manner. Worst case scenario we can close this thread and permanently ban him. He deserves nothing positive from this community.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Nov 19 2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for that information. With that said, let's keep this thread open but refrain from any further posting with the exception of Jay providing us all with an explanation as to why he is not resolving this debt in a satisfactory manner. Worst case scenario we can close this thread and permanently ban him. He deserves nothing positive from this community.
You let Patrick or myself know when you need to pull that trigger. We'll talk to the owners and issue you a ban.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Nov 19 2008, 11:01 AM

Justin, I last spoke to your wife, explained the situation with my previous phone and then received your number. However, my phone has since then been suspended. I am currently trying to sell EVERYTHING in order to pay you back but that's kind of hard since i've been banned. Understand that I am trying and have not had any extra cash to pay you.

Quick Reply: Calling out Jay