California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Calling out Jay

Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 22 2008, 08:31 PM
Let's leave it at this:

1. You knew that Jay still owed me money on the hardtop. What the amount was was irrelevant at that time. At the time of sale between you and Jay that amount could have been validated.
2. You consciously entered into a sales agreement with Jay for a hardtop that you knew was not fully paid for by the current seller.
3. Although you *might* not have had a legal obligation to pay me directly the balance due, you certainly had a moral/ethical obligation. A jury of our peers would certainly see it this way.
If that was the case, then why didn't you stop me from buying then?

Why did you tell me to offer an (X) amount of money then?

Why didn't you tell me to pay you the remaining balance of what Jay had due to you then during the time of PM?

Why didn't you announce it on the boards before today's confrontation and tell the buyee to paypal you?

It's like if Person A, is buying product from Person B on s2ki, and Person A knowing person B owed a balance w/ Person C, Person A should paypal the remaining amount owned to Person C?

That's weird to do so. It was all based on trust and morality.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Oh and not to mention, i'd like to thank Dewey for instigating as well. Remember when you tried to sell me your Alpine deck a few months back and I told you I had the 250 cash in hand that you were asking. And asked you to meet up and show me the product? I hope you remember clearly. Speaking of shady characters, judge yourself next time you look in the mirror.

What did you tell me when we met up bro? "I just got a buyer for 275 shipped so if you want it i'll give it to you for 300"

Don't worry, Grant, Tuan, Dat, and Rich didn't hear that either.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM

This shouldn't go on anymore. Leave the two poor guys to resolve this themselves. LOCK THIS THREAD.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Sep 22 2008, 12:32 PM
I've received a few text messages from Jay within the last 15 minutes or so. He is talking about all the issues he is going through. Again, I feel bad for him but this situation needs some resolution. It might be best for him to simply return the hardtop to me.
yeah its prob best the deal be unwound.

i hope it everything works out for you.

i want a hardtop too.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by jdmghostrider,Sep 22 2008, 08:49 PM
Wow. Amazing how people can be so oblivious to other's problems.

1. I'd like to thank everyone for looking into my personal life.
2. I'd like to thank those who have or tried to support me and wait for a response.
3. 9Kfever thank you for instigating.

I've spoken to Justin, i've simply told him that serious family issues have come up that require me to, all in all sell, my car. I go to school full time, i'm trying to work at Sharp Memorial Hospital, and my grandmother passed away and she doesn't have funeral coverage. I would love for my grandmother to be buried not cremated. Not to mention, my grandfather is in the hospital for blood cancer and is on his deathbed. I'm sorry if you didn't come across that in your investigation into my personal life. Would you like to know more? I have 3 delinquent credit cards, a delinquent loan, and a deferred car payment. I've been struck 3 times within the past month, 2 hit and runs. My car's been in and out of the shop with no rental coverage. I'm sorry i'm the oldest son, not to mention, the only one with leverage to even put my grandmother in a grave. What else do you want to know? I used to work for discount tire as a tire technician. I went to school at Morse. Big ups to all of you who have instigated the situation. I'm ex-military, do I know what integrity means? Of course. Avoiding phone calls? Only to deal with the stress put on my shoulders without having to hear that I owe someone money. Did I mean to? NO. Any of you put yourselves in my shoes, i'm sorry that life is life and as of right now shits really taken a dump this month. Family ALWAYS comes first.

Thank you 9Kfever for not selling me that bumper . Stereo equipment? A simple question about speakers I am getting for free?! Las Vegas to see my girlfriend. What else do I need to explain.

I have no proof besides Fatkidphoto listening to a conversation over the phone quoting "2500". And yes I did call Justin last tuesday telling him I will have a check coming.

Bserious has nothing to do with this whole situation. He simply bought the hardtop from me. Jason bought my wheels from me. What did I do with the money? I put my grandmother in a grave. Why am I selling my car? So I can pay off that debt to the funeral home. Why am I buying a rear bumper? It's the cheapest way to fix the car before I sell it.

Thank you s2ki community I've met great people here and had great memories. Wish you all the best of luck. Justin, you will have your money once my check comes in and I went through texts' with you earlier explaining the situation.

Ban me if you want.
If you needed to borrow money, you could have asked someone. You deliberately breached the contract so that you could sell the hardtop for profit and pocket the rest of the money to attend to your personal needs. It is very likely that that was your intent all along. Your credit card company, bank, nor any other loan agency would not be forgiving even if your closest family member died.

OP, you should have known better than to enter a verbal agreement. I hope you receive your promised check.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Duy118,Sep 22 2008, 09:59 PM
This shouldn't go on anymore. Leave the two poor guys to resolve this themselves. LOCK THIS THREAD.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Resolving the issues:

Jay: Just give Justin a SOLID date that you'll pay him by, so I can lock this thread.

I'll reopen this thread on the date that you specify the payments, and hopefully we can resolve this in a fast and speedy way.

(I'm sure you know when your next paycheck is.)

EVERYONE: 9 pages of .02 cents, is enough. Just let Jay set the date, and you all can check back later.

Please refrain from posting, except for Jay. or (Justin)

BC
Old 09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Jay.. Post your date on here if you can.

Everyone else: Don't post on here. (I mean it)
Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Sep 22 2008, 09:04 PM
Jay.. Post your date on here if you can.

Everyone else: Don't post on here. (I mean it)
Mike, I can not post a date yet as I have no assurance from the insurance company of when I will be receiving the check. I've gone back and forth with Justin and explained the situation early this afternoon but as soon as I get the check he is paid.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jdmghostrider,Sep 22 2008, 09:11 PM
Mike, I can not post a date yet as I have no assurance from the insurance company of when I will be receiving the check. I've gone back and forth with Justin and explained the situation early this afternoon but as soon as I get the check he is paid.
Jay, just do me a favor and answer your phone.

Quick Reply: Calling out Jay