California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Caliper Painting Service in So. Cal?

Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper Painting Service in So. Cal?

Do you guys know of anyone or a shop that provides caliper painting service?

Hockey was supposed to paint my calipers on the 12th but never showed up. He finally sends PM few days later saying sorry that he completely forgot about the appt. and also letting me know that he was no longer offering the service.

Is there anyone else doing this?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll do it!!!!
I even have a dremel....you got the paint and decals?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Dec 20 2004, 10:24 PM
I'll do it!!!!
I even have a dremel....you got the paint and decals?
Whoa... Hockey replacement?

I wonder why David stopped doing them?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:16 AM

It was probably a huge time suck. As I understand it, it is nearly a day long process, and David's profit off the service is next to nill. I also bet most of his customers were in LA, and the drive up from SD can stink.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:05 AM

If David needed to charge more, I would have gladly paid it. He seems like a very nice guy and did great work. In fact, I thought he was charging too little for the amount of time that he put into it. I was going to pay him extra to more than compensate for his time and gas from SD. The fact that he had me order all the stuff, set a date, and then didn't even bother to show up was not cool.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:09 AM

SIIK2NR

It would be great if you can help me out. Do you have any PICs of your work. I have a couple of buddies in O.C. that want the service as well.

Please let me know how much you charge. Also sent PM.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Charles,

Again I apologize as I did in my PM that was sent the very next day.....not a few days later. Here is a copy of the PM:

"Charles, I am SOOOOO sorry. Our family had an unfortunate tragedy and I was at a funeral. I TOTALLY forgot about our day, as my head was not really focused on cars.

I have also been offline since thursday of last week, so haven't been able to check this site.

I am going to close the "caliper painting service" for the immediate future. The post will be edited accordingly.

I apologize for the oversight, and hope you understand.

Regards,
David"

....and yes I have temporarily ceased operations of the caliper painting service and have edited my signiature as well. There are many reasons contributing to this change, which I am not willing to get into.

It looks like Tim might be able to help you out. If not I am willing to purchase the supplies you picked up so that you are not out any money, if you would like. I certainly don't want you to think I intentionally slighted you here.

Thanx,
Hockey

Old 12-22-2004, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hockey,Dec 22 2004, 07:24 AM
Charles,

Again I apologize as I did in my PM that was sent the very next day.....not a few days later. Here is a copy of the PM:

"Charles, I am SOOOOO sorry. Our family had an unfortunate tragedy and I was at a funeral. I TOTALLY forgot about our day, as my head was not really focused on cars.

I have also been offline since thursday of last week, so haven't been able to check this site.

I am going to close the "caliper painting service" for the immediate future. The post will be edited accordingly.

I apologize for the oversight, and hope you understand.

Regards,
David"

....and yes I have temporarily ceased operations of the caliper painting service and have edited my signiature as well. There are many reasons contributing to this change, which I am not willing to get into.

It looks like Tim might be able to help you out. If not I am willing to purchase the supplies you picked up so that you are not out any money, if you would like. I certainly don't want you to think I intentionally slighted you here.

Thanx,
Hockey
David! You are always a straight-shooter. Too bad I missed out on your caliper-painting skills... I guess I just put it off for too long. Hope things are OK in your world.

-JD
Old 12-22-2004, 09:27 AM

You can do it yourself, my buddy and I did it on both of our cars. You don't have to remove the calipers, just the wheels will do.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:55 AM

people should just do it themselves...that way you actually learn something about car parts, how they work, what needs to be done etc. It's a learning process...we all need to learn something new in our lives right? Just get a friend or someone who's also doing it to do it with you. my friend and I did all of our installs. We installed the AEM V2, took apart the headlight/taillights/painted the calipers, changed out the rotors, cut an intake hole in the front bumper, installed headrest speakers, etc. They were all first time mods but we learned a lot from doing them. It takes time but it'll save you lots of money and it's educational. I think all s2k owners should learn something about their cars...i mean, even some girls on here do their own mod works. The guys better raise the bar i know some people don't have time but leave a day out in a week to try something new. Alright, just my 2 cents. Laters all

Quick Reply: Caliper Painting Service in So. Cal?