California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike: it's street sport not street stock lol
and fyi, Ron's last name is Chang..
but I think we left out the Amuse widebody s2k in the results =.=
Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by momofoolio
Originally Posted by jon3501447' timestamp='1310690342' post='20781235
[quote name='No Mames' timestamp='1310675329' post='20780349']
Whoa David! Riverside looked scary! haha also, Alex passed that red STI on riverside with my car too. Not gonna lie, I almost crapped myself when he went for it haha!
yeah....I was actually right behind you guys when that happened. That was kinda dangerous since it wasn't actually a race, so I held back for a sec after that till there was a decent amount of clearance to pass the STI as well.
I personally think all my passes are pretty clean
no one has ever complained about my passing, not even once
I usually stick my head to the inside and see if they will leave me room and I only go for the pass if there is enough room..

that STI needs to learn how to point-by imo.. if I don't get around him asap I'd lose lot's of precious track time (like Mike) lol
that STI was all over the place, almost spinning out right in front of others multiple times; which is endangering other drivers in my book
it should be a common courtesy for (super) advanced driver to point-by a faster car, and I will make a pass as soon as I see an opening if the front car obviously has bigger eagle/ engine than driving skills!!

if one gets scared of others stealing his apexes, then he probably doesn't belong to this group

just my .02
[/quote]

Well, to clear my name up. I was waiting for my opportunity to get by the STi, then see where you and I stood. I knew I'd be passed him by the front straight so I didn't want to point you by then continue to be stuck behind him. I also didn't think you'd wait for a point by to get passed me. Plus I wanted the opportunity to drive in front of you without being held up by another driver.

I think we can all agree that your passes are clean, I'm just guessing Jon is saying that a pass on Riverside at ~100+ just may not be worth it at a track day, given it's not an actual race. Especially considering the fact that that particular driver may not be prepared for something like that.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
Well, to clear my name up. I was waiting for my opportunity to get by the STi, then see where you and I stood. I knew I'd be passed him by the front straight so I didn't want to point you by then continue to be stuck behind him. I also didn't think you'd wait for a point by to get passed me. Plus I wanted the opportunity to drive in front of you without being held up by another driver.

I think we can all agree that your passes are clean, I'm just guessing Jon is saying that a pass on Riverside at ~100+ just may not be worth it at a track day, given it's not an actual race. Especially considering the fact that that particular driver may not be prepared for something like that.
no need to clear any names up Mike!! you did nth wrong
I'm the over aggressive one hahaha
btw you did have an oppotunity to drive in front of me without traffic.. at big willow remember? =p
the STI was very slow at riverside I think I was only doing low 90s when I was making the pass lol
the driver was prepared to be passed alright, he just wasn't really to give up his manhood and start pointing faster cars by lmao
Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by yml4ever
wow I think that was me driving John's car with John's cousin Kevin as passenger starting at 36 secs into the video lol
car was sideways thru sunset and sunrise =.= John can really use some new/ better shocks!!

on the other hand, this white e92 m3 in the video was sideways everywhere as well!!
but at least he gives good point by
Old 07-14-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
Originally Posted by No Mames' timestamp='1310702027' post='20781723
To be honest.. nope. hahaha! I'm still learning though, this past Sunday's track event was my 7th track event ever. So I've still got quite a long ways to go until I get close to sub 2s.
Yeah I was just playin

Oh I thought you'd tracked more than that. Nice dude! You've come pretty far already haven't you? What were your old BW times?

Mike: I vaguely remember the pass you're referring to haha! I must have seen you coming!
I only ran BW once back in January, it was pouring rain on and off throughout the day so I only drove 2 sessions that day and I put down a 2:16.2 for my fastest lap. This past Sunday was my second time at BW and did a 2:11.2 with passenger.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 PM

John is working hard
Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 PM

John is working hard
Trying! haha
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Good job John! It was my second time there too! I love that track!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Mike:
We did missed out Zhong Guan (the red Amuse widebody s2k) in the SM class and his best lap was a 2:07.263!!

Also, David's fast lap was 2:07.77"8" according to timing sheets =)
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike:
We did missed out Zhong Guan (the red Amuse widebody s2k) in the SM class and his best lap was a 2:07.263!!

Also, David's fast lap was 2:07.77"8" according to timing sheets =)
Haha nice! Anyways, thanks for the analysis Alex! I still got a lot to learn from everyone! I wonder what the car will feel like without aero though. Maybe that's making me cocky now...hahaa

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!