California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw Mike pass someone after club corner and was
Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVPaQbvFfc
Video of other s2ks
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty sloppy lap with poor downshifting (I know I can do 5 to 3, but I row through the gears pretty slowly which results in missing brake points) but apparently it was my fastest lap for that day with passenger...haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQmB26ghc4
Old 07-14-2011, 12:28 PM

Whoa David! Riverside looked scary! haha also, Alex passed that red STI on riverside with my car too. Not gonna lie, I almost crapped myself when he went for it haha!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by No Mames
Whoa David! Riverside looked scary! haha also, Alex passed that red STI on riverside with my car too. Not gonna lie, I almost crapped myself when he went for it haha!
This video shows that I need more front tire. 225 is not enough!! I just let off the gas a little bit to slow down, but I realized I was definitely not hitting the inside berm and quickly sliding towards the edge of the track so I let off a little more. The tires were already greasy by that session and I was bummed that I couldn't get more speed out of Riverside. I was really hoping to exit a few MPH faster than the other laps I was attempting but that obviously failed...haha Damn you driver side tires!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a dip by the apex berm that is a little sketchy...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by takchi
Originally Posted by No Mames' timestamp='1310675329' post='20780349
This video shows that I need more front tire. 225 is not enough!! I just let off the gas a little bit to slow down, but I realized I was definitely not hitting the inside berm and quickly sliding towards the edge of the track so I let off a little more. The tires were already greasy by that session and I was bummed that I couldn't get more speed out of Riverside. I was really hoping to exit a few MPH faster than the other laps I was attempting but that obviously failed...haha Damn you driver side tires!
Wow with those mistakes you still ran a good time! Good job!

Did you short shift to 5th before Riverside? Maybe if you'd stayed in 4th, the extra power at the rear wheels and RPM would have helped you turn better?

Hahahaha that red STi was everywhere! Man I wish I had passed him more! Or sooner...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
I saw Mike pass someone after club corner and was
Me Mike?

Originally Posted by No Mames
Wow I bet!!! I think Alex enjoys that a lot hahaha!!

Originally Posted by psychoazn
There's a dip by the apex berm that is a little sketchy...
I liked that one! I just kept my foot in it and rode it out
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by takchi
Originally Posted by No Mames' timestamp='1310675329' post='20780349
That's why half way through the day I flipped my RS3's and ran them in the wrong directions haha!!! It worked out great!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 09S2K;20780648][quote=takchi' timestamp='1310675734' post='20780373]
[quote name='No Mames' timestamp='1310675329' post='20780349
[/quote]

That's why half way through the day I flipped my RS3's and ran them in the wrong directions haha!!! It worked out great!
[/quote]

I wish I could flip mine, but pretty much both of my insides are bald. Need new tires soon haha

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!