California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by momofoolio
hahaha fine Mke you asked for this:

I could have overtake you many corners ago, but since we are buddies, I decided to be polite (becuz you are very fast so in order to overtake u I gotta really cut you off)
just chill and observe your driving and see how/ when you will make the move on the subi!!
I had passengers all day I wasn't in a hurry to pass lol
but when I saw the chance to go three wide on the front straight making the situation a bit more more interesting I just couldn't resist =p
nontheless very nice move inside the subi hahaha for a moment I thought I was abt to witness both of you guys off track!!
Yeah I thought I'd seen you back there haha! I was hoping to hold you off for longer though

And me go off track?? Pff never!

Where did you notice you gained the most on me? I'm guessing the sweepers and braking zones? I just keep feeling like I could brake later, but I never remember to try while I'm out there haha! And on the sweepers I think I'm pretty much at the limit. I definitely have some lines to work on in a few turns as well. I can't wait to improve at Buttonwillow!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
Yeah I thought I'd seen you back there haha! I was hoping to hold you off for longer though

Where did you notice you gained the most on me? I'm guessing the sweepers and braking zones? I just keep feeling like I could brake later, but I never remember to try while I'm out there haha! And on the sweepers I think I'm pretty much at the limit. I definitely have some lines to work on in a few turns as well. I can't wait to improve at Buttonwillow!
lol hoping to hold me off longer?? what happened to the courtesy point-by?? lol
and who's car was full of dirt on Sunday?? lmao hahaha good times!!

hmmm I did not notice it was you until I was onto you and the subi.. too many s2ks on Sunday I got confused who is who lol
I think braking for sure, I cannot comment on other area since you were hold up by that subi for quite a long time, like almost a lap...
it was quite easy to overtake him in my eyes, I was waiting for you to overtake him so I can follow and observe you in clean traffic, but when I saw the chance to pass 2 cars at the same time I just had to try it out hahaha

can't wait for winter to come again and see how fast a non-aero s2k can do at bw!!
I predict you will be doing 2:03s at least!!
I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm actually starting to like winter over summer
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by '09S2K' timestamp='1310477014' post='20770593

hmmm I did not notice it was you until I was onto you and the subi.. too many s2ks on Sunday I got confused who is who lol
I think braking for sure, I cannot comment on other area since you were hold up by that subi for quite a long time, like almost a lap...
it was quite easy to overtake him in my eyes, I was waiting for you to overtake him so I can follow and observe you in clean traffic, but when I saw the chance to pass 2 cars at the same time I just had to try it out hahaha

can't wait for winter to come again and see how fast a non-aero s2k can do at bw!!
I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm actually starting to like winter over summer
Wasn't Charles already doing 2:04s with his stock S2?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM

I was waiting for my courtesy point by from the STi haha! I probably could have passed him but I'm still a little timid unless I know the driver. I was considering letting you by but wanted to see if we could have a good run once we passed the STi. And I got black flagged after you passed me so I back off and then pulled into the hot pits to see what was up so I didn't get to stay behind you

Yeah I can't wait for winter either! I was predicting 2:03's for myself also so we will see...regardless of times, it is incredibly fun and exciting!

I think we should have an all non-aero competition one day! Everybody removes their aero!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
I think we should have an all non-aero competition one day! Everybody removes their aero!
You're on!!
I do wingless practice all the time =)
oh wait, should I remove passenger too?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by '09S2K' timestamp='1310486239' post='20771137
You're on!!
I do wingless practice all the time =)
oh wait, should I remove passenger too?
It's on haha!!! This should be fun! Who else is down?? It might be a while til my next event though

And yes kick your passenger out!

Ben: was that 2:02.4 without aero???
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM

No it wasn't, I had the APR GTC-200, lowered on Swift springs and a fat front lip... S from Avatar
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know how my car will do without aero, especially with how the car's suspension is setup. Sounds fun though!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben22
No it wasn't, I had the APR GTC-200, lowered on Swift springs and a fat front lip... S from Avatar
You just made me wonder if 10mm wider tire is less cost effective than a lip.

I think the lip is more efficient.... especially if you can run more angle on the wing as a result.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by yml4ever
Here's a sound clip of michael's ap2 with the rear mufflers cut off, single exit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYGzb1Dzdk

nice
will that pass sound at laguna?

what was the temp in buttonwillow last weekend?

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!