California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think jon's talking about a "zero-counter" slide. I'll be going there for the first time July 30th! Is anybody else going? I'm hoping to go for a ride-along session to get a feel for the track.

AP1 with 205/225 16s and no aero at high speeds is going to be a bit unnerving for me though!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by samsam5886
I think jon's talking about a "zero-counter" slide. I'll be going there for the first time July 30th! Is anybody else going? I'm hoping to go for a ride-along session to get a feel for the track.

AP1 with 205/225 16s and no aero at high speeds is going to be a bit unnerving for me though!
Very tempting price indeed but after experiencing the heat on Sunday I'm not so sure if I still wanna make it lol
I am at 50/50 right now needs more incentive haha
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 PM

Alex: Had I not been passing that STI on sunset while sliding sideways and losing my momentum onto the front straight, you wouldn't have caught me on it

I very much enjoyed passing that STi haha! As he understeered then eventually oversteered, I drifted right passed him on the inside! then 3/4 down the straight Alex had reeled me in!

Jon: I definitely know where you are coming from with those high speed slides! They are intense! I love it!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
Alex: Had I not been passing that STI on sunset while sliding sideways and losing my momentum onto the front straight, you wouldn't have caught me on it

I very much enjoyed passing that STi haha! As he understeered then eventually oversteered, I drifted right passed him on the inside! then 3/4 down the straight Alex had reeled me in!

Jon: I definitely know where you are coming from with those high speed slides! They are intense! I love it!
hahaha fine Mke you asked for this:

I could have overtake you many corners ago, but since we are buddies, I decided to be polite (becuz you are very fast so in order to overtake u I gotta really cut you off)
just chill and observe your driving and see how/ when you will make the move on the subi!!
I had passengers all day I wasn't in a hurry to pass lol
but when I saw the chance to go three wide on the front straight making the situation a bit more more interesting I just couldn't resist =p
nontheless very nice move inside the subi hahaha for a moment I thought I was abt to witness both of you guys off track!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
What the, did you go into the future? Loooks like how Charles take Riverside
Who did you think I learned that trick from?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Low down angle really shows the road surface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yADAjVOigZM
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by takchi
@'09S2k Mike: I have the TP'd version of the exhaust or also known as the headerback version. I'm glad to hear that you liked how it rumbled the building windows.

Originally Posted by ronny5' timestamp='1310410386' post='20767823
i had a great time =D. first time out in an s2000... i need more time with this car. being used to driving underpowered cars, its little hard to adapt to the speed and braking. =D

going to SOW end of the month as well to get some more seat time in this car. =D
Since you came from an AE86, I think you'll adapt very well. Seems like some of the really fast guys came from the AE86 (ie: Maxrev, Jaku) so I know you'll get acclimated to the S2000 fairly quickly.
great!. possible i can get a ride along during the next event.. it'll prob shed some light on understanding it more. thanks for the encouragement.. the ae86 def taught me alot!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ronny5
Originally Posted by takchi' timestamp='1310432725' post='20769225
@'09S2k Mike: I have the TP'd version of the exhaust or also known as the headerback version. I'm glad to hear that you liked how it rumbled the building windows.

[quote name='ronny5' timestamp='1310410386' post='20767823']
i had a great time =D. first time out in an s2000... i need more time with this car. being used to driving underpowered cars, its little hard to adapt to the speed and braking. =D

going to SOW end of the month as well to get some more seat time in this car. =D
Since you came from an AE86, I think you'll adapt very well. Seems like some of the really fast guys came from the AE86 (ie: Maxrev, Jaku) so I know you'll get acclimated to the S2000 fairly quickly.
great!. possible i can get a ride along during the next event.. it'll prob shed some light on understanding it more. thanks for the encouragement.. the ae86 def taught me alot!
[/quote]
Of course man! Don't expect too much though as I'm still learning the car more as well. I learned a lot just by watching videos and just trying to be smooth while I drive. My first car was nothing like yours so I had a lot to catch up on, however, I'm sure you'll pick it up after a session or two and start lapping some incredible lap times.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by takchi
My car needs a little more camber and a little more front tire to feel just right. Right now the car is setup very easy to drive. It's not the fastest setup, but rather a comfortable setup where you can push the car hard easily. To tell you how much understeer I'm getting, I'm running 1/16" total toe-in (rear) with more front camber than the rear on a 225/255 setup. The AP2V3 setup you speak of sounds like the Spoon cars with the yellow wheels on one side and blue wheels on the other side!
David, my Ap1 was set up the same, also because of rules. I had 235 on 17x9 and 255 on 17x10 with -3.1 front camber and -3 rear. A tiny bit toe in front and some more in the back. I also had the CR front sway bar. Despite what people think as a heavy understeer set-up, I still posted a 2:02.4

I'll be back....
Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben22
I'll be back....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk

I'm holding you to that, sir.

Need less excuses and more execution on my part.

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow July 10th My short write up!