California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Buddy club header

Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shoulda just went on and said how you got Buddy Club's new quad exhaust, bolts on directly to the engine!

Cause a big hype then sell it on the FS section
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Black_eS,Jan 11 2011, 09:36 PM
too soon junior....

I just watched that last night
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Orpheus,Jan 12 2011, 11:33 AM
i still say i ain't EVER gonna put anything called some lame name "Buddy Club" in my car. just screams cheap sht.
I had the buddy club header before and it performs well, buddy club is actully one of the better tuning companies out there !! Dont forget that most of these parts that we daily drive on our cars arent exactly ever intended to be anything other than power gainers for RACECARS... Thats why they fail when we try to use them for 5 yrs !!

Just like the J's Exhaust, thats why they all rattle because they are suppost to be used for like 1 yr and then changed for a newer model !
Old 01-12-2011, 02:36 PM

FnF overload in here!!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSBAP1,Jan 12 2011, 04:26 PM
I had the buddy club header before and it performs well, buddy club is actully one of the better tuning companies out there !! Dont forget that most of these parts that we daily drive on our cars arent exactly ever intended to be anything other than power gainers for RACECARS... Thats why they fail when we try to use them for 5 yrs !!

Just like the J's Exhaust, thats why they all rattle because they are suppost to be used for like 1 yr and then changed for a newer model !
not sure why you think buddy club is "one of the better tuning companies" but...

maybe i should clarify my comment--i am mostly deterred based on 2, arguably irrelevant, points: 1) the name is ridiculous, and 2) their prices are suspiciously too low. hence the "lame name" and "cheap sht."

but as for failures, i've now heard a few: this header breaking at the junction, their exhausts breaking at welds, and their seat brackets breaking at welds. you be the judge. i still say it's crappy stuff i would never put in my car. you get what you pay for.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

What Jason was saying is that most of these parts are manufactured for racing, meant to be replaced often and not meant to last forever. High dollar items with names like Amuse, and J's racing have parts fail...and you are paying much much more.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow_S2K,Jan 12 2011, 05:37 PM
What Jason was saying is that most of these parts are manufactured for racing, meant to be replaced often and not meant to last forever. High dollar items with names like Amuse, and J's racing have parts fail...and you are paying much much more.
i understand his point. i wasn't arguing with him--i was just clarifying myself cause i think my point was missed.

but since you brought it up, i disagree. most of these parts are for street cars. some parts like those involving metallic joints obviously have natural wear and tear (like the bsk's), and thus yes, are expected to be replaced. but otherwise headers, exhausts, and such really should have a long life. and seat brackets breaking are simply unacceptable--that could kill you. it is unfortunate the resonators in the ti exhausts have failed in j's racing exhausts--but i think they are one of few exceptions, and are common amongst all brands. i do think there are many more reported failures of buddy club parts than other "brand names."

anyway, it's not like i'm keeping count. so i could be wrong. just my perception. but again, my original point was i think their name is lame, and their prices are very suspicious. heck, most people don't even know whether the brand is jdm, chinese, or whatever.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zapablast05,Jan 11 2011, 09:45 PM
I never knocked on nobody, I NEVER KNOCKED ON NOBODY!!!

(isn't it knock?)
i thought it was "narked"

oh and your probably broke your header because it makes so much torque it twisted the chassis off the line.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by hk_s2k,Jan 12 2011, 03:36 PM
FnF overload in here!!
You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds off the topic starter.

BTW, Buddy Club makes quality part and just like a previous poster said, it's not designed for daily driving but it happens. I love my BC Spec III except for the typical hanger cracking issue which can be fixed.

Quick Reply: Buddy club header