California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Bluetooth H/U questions...

Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth H/U questions...

So I am looking into getting a new head unit this week and def. want one that has bluetooth built in...That said, my plan is to get a new MP3 player that connects with bluetooth to the unit and i want my cell to connect to it as well....This might be a stupid question but can I have an MP3 player and my cell phone connected to Bluetooth at the same time? I have never used bluetooth before....also any suggestions on a bluetooth capable mp3 player...
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 AM
beb

Yes.

I have the Pioneer one... U can connect MP3 through the cable thingy and bluetooth is done wireless so yes you can be connected to both at once.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by beb' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:44 AM
Yes.

I have the Pioneer one... U can connect MP3 through the cable thingy and bluetooth is done wireless so yes you can be connected to both at once.
How does that Pioneer work for you, Beb? I was thinking about getting the bluetooth kit for my Alpine, but all the reviews I read just ripped it apart.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM
beb

The Pioneer Premier unit is super hard for me to use. rofl. Im used to Alpine simplicity (I Alpine)... The Pioneer is like iDrive - 1 knob to control lots of things... AND my bluetooth crapped out within 3-4months of ownership. Well, bluetooth works, I just cant hear anyone and vice versa. Weird.

I have to send it in for warranty, which Im not sure if theyll cover since I have no warranty card, nor a receipt (won it through a website contest)... Hopefully just looking up the serial # will be enough.

I dont think my next head unit will be bluetooth. Its hard for it to be clear in our cars anyways... Yet if you have the option of Bluetooth, you feel so inclined to use it. Grr.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 AM

If you have an iphone 3g some h/u require a firmware update because the outgoing will be over modulated.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Soney MEX BT51000 which have a build in bluetooth in the HU. It was worthless to install it, since the car is so loud that no one can under stand you when your talking. I would have to put on the ear piece to talk to caller, it nice for streaming music off your phone or other mp3 players. No you can't stream and talk at the same time. I recommend sticking with the ear piece.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a clarion SD player with bluetooth, the bluetooth is wonderful, you just pair it up and it will connect to your phone/pda once you turn the car on.

the reception is superb, there's a internal mic and external mic, i am using the internal mic and most call is hassle free with the window up. there's a handy call/ hang up switch just like your phone. the external mic allows you to mount the mircophone closer but i didn't end up using it since the S is pretty small.

it runs on SD memory card(no cd) and it has an AUX input.

like i said, i love mine since i dont have to look for the bluetooh headset anymore whenever i got a call while i am driving.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM

UPDATE: In case anyone wants to know, I purchased the JVC KD-AVX44......So far this is the sickest HU I have ever seen... I was told that it wouldn't fit into the console and that it it did the face plate was too big and I would have to drop down a screen size...well I said screw that and I put it in anyways... the fitment is tight but perfect, it is seemless and the faceplate doesn't have to come off to close the door on it....sound is awesome and the DVD function looks sweet, plus you can change the color base to orange and it looks like it was meant for the S2000....if you want to see some pics send me an email.... Also I took out the disc changer cause this has a USB port that I can hook memory sticks or mp3 players or Ipods to....All I can say is awesome...also, bluetooth works really well so far and you can have two different bluetooth sources at the same time in case your MP3 player is bluetooth capable...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnryan44' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:43 PM
UPDATE: In case anyone wants to know, I purchased the JVC KD-AVX44......So far this is the sickest HU I have ever seen... I was told that it wouldn't fit into the console and that it it did the face plate was too big and I would have to drop down a screen size...well I said screw that and I put it in anyways... the fitment is tight but perfect, it is seemless and the faceplate doesn't have to come off to close the door on it....sound is awesome and the DVD function looks sweet, plus you can change the color base to orange and it looks like it was meant for the S2000....if you want to see some pics send me an email.... Also I took out the disc changer cause this has a USB port that I can hook memory sticks or mp3 players or Ipods to....All I can say is awesome...also, bluetooth works really well so far and you can have two different bluetooth sources at the same time in case your MP3 player is bluetooth capable...
Thats awesome!!

I had the same head unit, but last years model.. and I loved that thing!

i want to get it again for my truck, but im a little hesitant because I heard it is really difficult/ expensive to link up to the on-star.

Anyone have experience with aftermarket head units and on star?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new H/U, thanks for the review!!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth H/U questions...