California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Best time to buy a new car?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best time to buy a new car?

Hi guys,

I am strongly considering buying a new STI since my S2K is becoming more and more aggressive, and the next round of mods would probably make it unsafe for streets and passengers.

So, I'm wondering, theoretically speaking, when is the very best time of the year to buy new cars and get the best deals? I want to finance as much as possible as well.

(On a side note, anyone have hookups for STI's??? )
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have hookups for an sti... but anytime is a good time to buy.. i would say the absolute best is when there is a plethora of buyers... since dealers are moving a ton of cars... every dealer will be willing to lose a little more money then usual because its a better bet for them to make less money and move a car off the lot then to keep a car on the lot for a year and wait to make a huge profit.

ex.. my brothers gf just bought a camry yesterday.. i was selling these things for about a 1000 to 1500 less then what i was able to get one for her. dealers have less cars on the lot and therefore hold out for a decent deal.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Best time to buy is end of the month/year, but you should buy used, IMO. You're better off asking on NASOIC.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a buyer's market right now due to the economy.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by OC S2K,Nov 9 2009, 11:53 AM
It's a buyer's market right now due to the economy.
wrong. see my above post..

ive been in the car sales industry for the last 5 yrs.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by HUYS2200,Nov 9 2009, 11:53 AM
Best time to buy is end of the month/year, but you should buy used, IMO. You're better off asking on NASOIC.
i dont really agree with the end of the yr or end of the month thing.. but buying a used subie would be a good idea since they have lost their value.. thats just how it goes for cars like this.

i prefer buying new anyways.. and i love the new sti.. but be prepared to keep the car for more then a couple years or loose a lot of money.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the s2k dude,Nov 9 2009, 01:10 PM
wrong. see my above post..

ive been in the car sales industry for the last 5 yrs.
I fail to see your point other than you have a vested interest in the subject.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Gatsbee13

ive heard that when they get the new models in, the older models are sold cheaper if they are having a hard time selling. go for an 09 STI
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OC S2K,Nov 9 2009, 12:16 PM
I fail to see your point other than you have a vested interest in the subject.
the buyers market only applies to the real estate industry right now..

like i said.. cars are selling for more on average then what they were selling for lets say a year ago.

ill use the toyota camry for an example again.. since its one of the top selling cars in the US for the last 10 years.

with sales down for the car industry.. theyve had to make a different game plan. first.. the reduced their inventory. the dealer i will be going to work for in the next week has less then a 100 cars on their lot, when 2-3 yrs ago their lot was full with over 400 cars.. you have to be familiar with the way car dealerships work, but dealers actually loose money the longer the car sits at the dealership. this frees up some time for the cars now.. the dealers will sit at a price and not take the low balls anymore. before it was ok to take the lowballs because they could still make up with service, finance and accescories profits.. there isnt much of that now.

based on yesterday, my bros gf bought a camry... i got the car for about 500 under invoice.. when i was selling camrys by the handful at 1000-1500 under invoice about 2 years ago.. the invoice has only increased by about a 100 or 200 dollars..

so when were the better deals being given?? back when the dealers had more money to lose...
Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13,Nov 9 2009, 12:23 PM
ive heard that when they get the new models in, the older models are sold cheaper if they are having a hard time selling. go for an 09 STI
this is true... but getting financed sucks.. if your paying cash.. its the only way ull save money. financing is always easiest on new/current cars when compared to used or last years models. resale is to blame for this. depending on the car.. its usually cheaper to finance a current model then to get a discount on last years and finance at the banks rate for that.

Quick Reply: Best time to buy a new car?