California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

best gaming platform

Old 12-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimbaDogg,Dec 26 2007, 03:50 PM
HA, i think you're the only person in the world that would say that. especially comparing a game from playstation 2 with one from xbox360.

cons for 360...
1) hardware failure woes
2) can't change harddrive size
3) games might be getting tapped out in the near future (?)
I don't compare games just simply because of grafix, that is like comparing a car just co'z the paint is nice. I compare the whole engine, and frankly gt1-4 hasn't been improving on the game play aside from adding more grafix and shadows and more cars. The online isn't there, I bought a psp simply bcoz of the "hope that gt for psp with online support" will come out. 2 yrs later still none. I won't argue as to which one is better since thats never gonna end but right now unless there's multiplayer its not gonna cut it for me and ps3 multiplayer just can't compete with xbox. They don't have the infrastructure that xbox currently have. This includes xbox live, all the support on the backend, voice comms, etc and not just the console itself. Also, gt4 (the lastest that I played and finished) didn't have ferrari's, zonda, etcs. How cool is it to have that in your garage and have a paint scheme and stickers you can play around with ? The engine sound on those are also really good, just like ur riding on one

I also don't care if xbox is running 80% on gears of war and ps3 is idle at 25%, just as long as the game that I want works then it works. It's like saying that blueray is better than HD because it has more space, well the truth is "right" now they all look the same, blueray has more storage, but it doesn't make any difference when you look at it in your screen. and is way more expensive. So I don't care if its way better5 yrs from now, who knows we might have a special mini disk by then .

These consoles are all gadgets, they are made to be obsolete in 2-3 yrs, then manufacturers expect us to buy a new one. Thats how business works. If you buy a console and wait for the game that is due to come out 2 yrs from now then you are loosing $ bcoz your system is idle gathering dust and loosing value.

you can change drives on a xbox, there' are 120G drives now. but I do agree the 360 hardware do suck, they break like shitz .. I haven't tried the new version with hdmi,but the earlier models scratches disks like crazy.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:39 PM

ATARI................... FTMFW!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:52 PM

If you're only going to get the ps3 for gt5, that makes the game cost an effective $450? Tack on the g25, and it's about $700?

If you've got money to burn, could be worth it, but personally, until I've actually played GT5 to say for sure, there are other titles out there that can compete with the GT series.

I wouldn't get the Wii unless you plan on having people over all the time. I haven't played zelda or anything, but with what games I did play, it felt like a party system, ie once everyone left, it was just meh.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:57 PM

I like PS3 better, but I am not a big online player. If you are or want to be Xbox would probably be a better choice, but then you cant play GT5 or Drakes Fortune or D1GP (if they make it for PS3???) it was fun on PS2
Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Old 12-27-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by forsaken,Dec 27 2007, 02:20 PM
I don't compare games just simply because of grafix, that is like comparing a car just co'z the paint is nice. I compare the whole engine, and frankly gt1-4 hasn't been improving on the game play aside from adding more grafix and shadows and more cars. The online isn't there, I bought a psp simply bcoz of the "hope that gt for psp with online support" will come out. 2 yrs later still none. I won't argue as to which one is better since thats never gonna end but right now unless there's multiplayer its not gonna cut it for me and ps3 multiplayer just can't compete with xbox. They don't have the infrastructure that xbox currently have. This includes xbox live, all the support on the backend, voice comms, etc and not just the console itself. Also, gt4 (the lastest that I played and finished) didn't have ferrari's, zonda, etcs. How cool is it to have that in your garage and have a paint scheme and stickers you can play around with ? The engine sound on those are also really good, just like ur riding on one

I also don't care if xbox is running 80% on gears of war and ps3 is idle at 25%, just as long as the game that I want works then it works. It's like saying that blueray is better than HD because it has more space, well the truth is "right" now they all look the same, blueray has more storage, but it doesn't make any difference when you look at it in your screen. and is way more expensive. So I don't care if its way better5 yrs from now, who knows we might have a special mini disk by then .

These consoles are all gadgets, they are made to be obsolete in 2-3 yrs, then manufacturers expect us to buy a new one. Thats how business works. If you buy a console and wait for the game that is due to come out 2 yrs from now then you are loosing $ bcoz your system is idle gathering dust and loosing value.

you can change drives on a xbox, there' are 120G drives now. but I do agree the 360 hardware do suck, they break like shitz .. I haven't tried the new version with hdmi,but the earlier models scratches disks like crazy.
1) i agree 100% that one thing that has def improved w/ the gran turismo franchise has been the addition of cars, more tracks, better graphics. but i'm guessing that you haven't noticed, but the physics in gt 4 are a huge step above gt3, and gt3 over gt2 and so on. trust me, i recently busted out gt4, then pulled out gt3, gt2 and gt1 just for fun, and the difference between all the games was night n' day to me.
but as far as your complaint about ferrari, well...they're in GT5, lambo, in gt5 and a lot of additional manufacturers. you can't fault GT for not having mftrs in previous games because it really boils down to licensing. if a car mftr wants an exuberant amount of money just to feature the 5 cars that they make, sometimes it may not be worth it. and some mftrs have been plain unwilling to provide the licensing. online multiplayer, also in gt5...so really, all the stuff that you addressed is really a non issue.

2)how can you not care that xbox is nearing its capacity in terms of processing power? in layman's terms, if you reach its capacity...well, things can no longer improve. graphics wont get any better, the ragdoll physics that are in games like the upcoming indiana jones wont be able to run, and you're not going to get smarter AI when playing games. i dunno about anyone else, but thats HUGE.

3) consoles dont have a life of 2-3 years, unless you're looking @ the first xbox which was considered a failure by even microsoft. look at ps2...its still the 2nd best selling console on the market, trailing on the wii...and that came out almost 8 years ago.

4) you cannot change drives on xbox, the 120 is only on the elite.

5) also, how does playstation network not have the same support as xboxlive?
as you said, i can't and dont wanna argue which one is better...but lets set some stuff straight ps3 has lots of multiplayer games, including warhawk which is ONLY only multiplayer. voice comms....check, chat...check, messages...check, another interesting thing you can do video chat. and i dont know about you, but i'm pretty damn glad that i dont have to pay to chat online.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Can I get a WOW!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dwnshft & xlr8,Dec 27 2007, 04:31 PM
Can I get a WOW!!!!
stop ing around and make our badges
Old 12-27-2007, 09:26 PM

GT4 did have Zondas btw

and as for the Wii...after I beat Zelda I never touched it again...
Old 12-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by SimbaDogg,Dec 27 2007, 04:04 PM
1) online multiplayer, also in gt5...so really, all the stuff that you addressed is really a non issue.

2)how can you not care that xbox is nearing its capacity in terms of processing power?.
I never actually played it backwards, from gt4 to 1 but I see your point. Maybe there are huge improvements, I just got spoiled over the new releases . If gt5 does come out to be a worth it game, then I might be spending another 500 for the damn thing.

I guess what im trying to say is, as long as the game is fun it doesn't matter, like ps2 still has games that's being released up to this date even though the hardware has been maxed out a long time ago. So I guess my point is as long as the game is fun it won't matter if the console is old or new. What matters is it has the title you want to play.

Quick Reply: best gaming platform