California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

best gaming platform

Old 12-26-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best gaming platform

so i am a bit late to the gaming platform arena but was thinking of getting ps3 for when gt5 makes its way out.

but what are your thoughts as to the better platform...
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't think there is a "best" console. It would depend as to what you like playing, for family arcade style, easy to play and stop games get a Wii. For "real online" gaming with good multiplayer support, voice com, first person or any in depth games for gamers that spend time 4 or more hours a day then get the Xbox 360. For a cheap blue ray player ps3 .

There is a real good racing game for xbox 360 called "Forza Motorsports 2" it does online so you can race with friends, and physics is better than gran turismo in my opinion. good luck!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
beb

Wii!

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario VS Sonic Olympics and Guitar Hero....... YOu will be good for a very long time. Super funness!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think a Xbox360 or PS3 must be obtained prior to the wii.

I like the wii and think its fun and different, however if I had to get rid of one or the other I'd keep my Xbox360 and trash the wii. There's just too many things on Xbox360 like Forza2, Halo3 etc. that I consider HAVE TO HAVE games. The wii to me isn't something I take seriously however it's fun to kill a little time with.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by forsaken,Dec 26 2007, 12:42 PM
I don't think there is a "best" console. It would depend as to what you like playing, for family arcade style, easy to play and stop games get a Wii. For "real online" gaming with good multiplayer support, voice com, first person or any in depth games for gamers that spend time 4 or more hours a day then get the Xbox 360. For a cheap blue ray player ps3 .

There is a real good racing game for xbox 360 called "Forza Motorsports 2" it does online so you can race with friends, and physics is better than gran turismo in my opinion. good luck!

each system is different and has different type of games/genre

best looking has to be the ps3 with 1080p.
most fun is the wii, since you can lose weight and have fun too.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 PM

thanks for the info guys.

do you think its worth it to get a ps3 just for gt5?

i want to get the logitech g25 when it comes out.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Ive gotten other systems for just one game before.

Personally GT5 is the reason I have my PS3. Playin Dirt right now to hold me over till it comes out.

And the G25 wheel is fun to play with but so far I've only seen the need for speed series use the 6 speed shifter. No Dirt, no GT4.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Wii FTMFW!!! haha

Waiting for effin Mario Kart Wii...fracking coming out next Apirl...wut up with that! Guitar Hero is fun as well. That wiimote is actually a lot more fun than it appears, to me at least. At first I thought...wtf..a remote. But when you start interacting with it, it's actually quite impressive what you can do with movements. I.E....Warioware...that silly game is crazy
Old 12-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I WILL BE BUYING A PS3 FOR GT5 ON ITS OWN.....

I beat forza2 like 3 times already...and GT3/GT4 2 times each. Forza and GT always have some pros/cons. Tracks are always better on GT and cars are better on Forza for the most part.

wii= 60calories an hour..... Pointless though, Figure other systems use what 10? Unless your really into them and you lean your body in the corners lol.

Xbox/PS FTW!!!!!
wii as a benefit AFTER those. IMO

Ya i'm looking into a wheel for Forza2..... recommendations? (shifter isn't used I guess cause everything in that game is sequential?)
Old 12-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by forsaken,Dec 26 2007, 12:42 PM
...There is a real good racing game for xbox 360 called "Forza Motorsports 2" it does online so you can race with friends, and physics is better than gran turismo in my opinion...
HA, i think you're the only person in the world that would say that. especially comparing a game from playstation 2 with one from xbox360.

i've always been more of a playstation fan, i've had psx ps2 and now i'm onto ps3. i got it simply because there are a lot of games on it then i love (gran turismo being the heaviest hitter) than you'll never see on any other console or pc. in all honesty, i also like the ps3 because it seems that it is a bit more future proof than the 360 console. i think i read something on the internet that resistance fall of man, the launch title for ps3 used something like 35-45% of the processing power of the ps3 and the game looked pretty damn good. whereas gears of war for 360 was using upwards of 80% of the processing power of the xbox, and that looked equally as good. in short, the xbox is a weeeee bit closer to being tapped out. plus, i've read a lot of developers are finding that the 8.5 gig dvds for the 360 aren't enough space for games anymore, i guess for forza2 they wanted to put more tracks and even night tracks but the rending of the tracks for night driving is totally different, and they just couldn't fit it. heavely sword that came out for ps3 which is selling great, supposidly used over 20 GB of data.

pros for 360...
1) price
2) huge install base (lots of friends to play with)
3) decent bacwards compatibility
4) great online marketplace (buying tv shows, movies etc)
5) available next gen dvd player add-on
6) huge catalogue of titles available
cons for 360...
1) hardware failure woes
2) can't change harddrive size
3) games might be getting tapped out in the near future (?)

pros for PS3...
1)lots of great exclusive titles (metal gear solid, gran turismo, final fantasy...those three alone are enough for lots of people to warrant a 400/500 purchase)
2)built in next gen dvd, and often regarded as the best built, most full featured, blu ray player ont he market (peep avsforums.com)
3)great backwards compatibility if you have 20/60 gig...decent if you have 80
4)tons of firmware updates to add features to system (DNLA, full DiVx support recently, added rumble back etc)
5)less than a 1% failure rate (same with Wii), less of a worry than the 30-33% industry guess for 360. I guess the japaense just know how to make stuff bulletproof
6) more than a gaming console - DVR capability in europe/japan (NA coming soon?) blu ray player, can surf the net, DNLA compliant, and theres a crap load of weird and cool stuff you can do with it if you have a PSP.
cons for ps3...
1) PRICE
2) complaints about not a lot of console sellers yet (see games listed in #1 from pros)
3) price
4) oh yeah...a little expensive

Quick Reply: best gaming platform