California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Best canyon to drive at night

Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best canyon to drive at night

Any suggestions for a nice canyon drive at night here in socal? I love cruising with the top down at night and the heater full blast through a nice curvey canyon. Just enjoying the stars and the sound of the engine echoing off the walls. Not planning on doing anything too aggressive - just a nice spirited drive. I'm in west LA - any suggestions?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be fine in the Malibu area for a nice, leisurely, but focused drive. You could always do ACH but you want to be a bit more careful for road debris and some crazy people out there. If you do ACH, you can split off and take go towards palmdale which has lower elevations and is a really nice drive or you can go up highway 2 towards Newcomb's ranch and climb towards the higher elevations. Great for some sky watching but better if you take someone along.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SEVNT4,May 1 2007, 01:54 PM
You should be fine in the Malibu area for a nice, leisurely, but focused drive. You could always do ACH but you want to be a bit more careful for road debris and some crazy people out there. If you do ACH, you can split off and take go towards palmdale which has lower elevations and is a really nice drive or you can go up highway 2 towards Newcomb's ranch and climb towards the higher elevations. Great for some sky watching but better if you take someone along.
Thanks for the suggestions, those sound nice!

More suggestions welcome

Anything on the way up towards Santa Barbara?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM

There's always http://www.pashnit.com/ for some road trip ideas too.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by superjimbo,May 1 2007, 01:27 PM
Any suggestions for a nice canyon drive at night here in socal? I love cruising with the top down at night and the heater full blast through a nice curvey canyon. Just enjoying the stars and the sound of the engine echoing off the walls. Not planning on doing anything too aggressive - just a nice spirited drive. I'm in west LA - any suggestions?
Anytime you wanna head up through some of the SM Mtn canyons let me know. I live right near you.

Should have my car back this week. Also we have a nice Sunday morning meet at PCH and Sunset. Should come out and we will lead you through some nice canyons you can find easily at night in the future

Jason
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by S2PIDSTYLE,May 1 2007, 02:27 PM
Anytime you wanna head up through some of the SM Mtn canyons let me know. I live right near you.

Should have my car back this week. Also we have a nice Sunday morning meet at PCH and Sunset. Should come out and we will lead you through some nice canyons you can find easily at night in the future

Jason
Yeah, I should definintely make it out to one of those PCH meets. Thanks for the invite! Are you guys there every sunday? What time?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mulholland drive between 405 and 101. pretty fun, especially closer to the 101.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

please use PM for espicified location, it's a public board and cop and suicide squards alike are browing this.

sounds like we should go somewhere! anyone down for some spirited driving?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM

ACH has an amazing view of the 626 area if you go up the mt wilson route. just make sure its a clear night, cause it gets pretty foggy up there
Old 05-02-2007, 11:47 AM

GMR

Quick Reply: Best canyon to drive at night