California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Banking question

Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arabic_ap2,Jun 14 2010, 06:42 PM
when i pulled out money to buy my s2k they had to fill out a release form and asked me a shit load of questions!
If you have nothing to hide and you're not a drug dealer laundering money to finance terrorist cells, you're fine.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by IHoP,Jun 14 2010, 01:04 PM
If it's legit money and not drug money or something then you shouldn't have to worry regardless right?
Just make sure to get all the coke off it before you hand over the stack of bills... hahaha
Old 06-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Like I said guys, if what you're doing is legit then don't worry about it. However, if you try to do something shady you WILL be caught and they WILL give you a crapstorm. I've seen this done first hand and I can tell you that it's not a pretty sight. I've had customers that came into the bank because they can't withdraw money from their accounts only to find out that the IRS placed a lien on the account and froze their funds.

So yes, just be honest. They are not interested in you guys.

$5000 doesn't do anything, like I said before and what Alvin stated. But if you do consecutive deposits up to $10000 in cash the CTR will be filed.

If your teller doesn't do a report for $15000 in cash then someone is going to get written up for overriding the CTR prompt. All banking software at the teller's workstation have a built in function to force them to do a CTR unless it's overriden by an officer, and even that may have changed.

Alvin - I don't know if they do this any more or I could be wrong, but CRT includes cashier's checks too, right? I haven't been in the business for a while so I am a bit hazy.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by jlammy,Jun 15 2010, 12:08 PM

Alvin - I don't know if they do this any more or I could be wrong, but CRT includes cashier's checks too, right? I haven't been in the business for a while so I am a bit hazy.
not cashier checks; strictly cash. CTR is only reported if the total deposits of cash or total amount of withdrawal in cash is $10,001 or more. two $5k deposits same day is fine, regardless of whether its the same or different branch. We get reports on this all the time. People making cash deposits on same day at other branches, but its the same company. we know your depositing cash because we mark it on the comps. $6k cash dep at one branch and a $5k dep cash ($11k) at another branch you won't be asked questions then, because, yes, that 2nd teller won't know about you're earlier deposit (unless they actually check, but no one really does). In this case, the next day the branch manager will get a report saying which accounts had a total amount of cash deposits of over $10k in one day. Carls JR and Starbucks etc are on this report every day. However, if we find a series of transactions suspicious, a SAR (suspicious activity report) or QAR (Questionable activity report) may be filed upon our discretion. In other words, you're not outsmarting anyone when you do a $9,999.99 cash deposit (or withdrawal).
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Regpaq,Jun 15 2010, 09:50 PM
not cashier checks; strictly cash. CTR is only reported if the total deposits of cash or total amount of withdrawal in cash is $10,001 or more. two $5k deposits same day is fine, regardless of whether its the same or different branch. We get reports on this all the time. People making cash deposits on same day at other branches, but its the same company. we know your depositing cash because we mark it on the comps. $6k cash dep at one branch and a $5k dep cash ($11k) at another branch you won't be asked questions then, because, yes, that 2nd teller won't know about you're earlier deposit (unless they actually check, but no one really does). In this case, the next day the branch manager will get a report saying which accounts had a total amount of cash deposits of over $10k in one day. Carls JR and Starbucks etc are on this report every day. However, if we find a series of transactions suspicious, a SAR (suspicious activity report) or QAR (Questionable activity report) may be filed upon our discretion. In other words, you're not outsmarting anyone when you do a $9,999.99 cash deposit (or withdrawal).
How i love not working for a bank anymore

3 years at wellsfargo made my life miserable thank god they worked with my school schedule.... like i wrote before....
PUT THE MONEY IN A CHILDRENS SAVINGS ACCOUNT
wire transfers are expensive but well worth it

and no i dont want to explain why

Alvin and Reggie should know the most info on what to do