California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Banking help, please

Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info -- much appreciated!

You're right -- I should probably look into a Canadian bank account and see if they can help me out.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dynimite53
Hey Mr.Dave! One possible option for you is to open a Canadian bank account for the amount of time you are there. IF the Canadian bank charges a flat rate to wire transfer money (most US banks charge a flat rate Example = Chase bank charges 45 dollars for any international wire transfer regardless of the amount) you can keep the money there then wire it to your Wells Fargo account to save some money on "Bank Fees". Now all you would have to worry about is the actual conversion rate from CAD$ to US$. Keep in mind when you send US$ to a foreign country (Example : sending 100 US dollars instead of 1200 pesos "MEX{:content:}quot you are allowing the receiving foreign bank to exchange the wire at whatever rate they want to. So IF the Canadian bank allows you to turn it in to US dollars before you send it to Wells you might beat Wells fargo conversion rate. If you decide to open the account over there make sure to ask about the usual : monthly service fees/ early closure fees (since you might only need the account for 5 months)/ misc fees.

If none of this helps you because, like me and most people, you need the money in your wells account to pay your monthly expenses, then im sorry to have wasted your time.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Canada's banks and am solely basing my information from two US banks. Also if my grammar is off I apologize. I cheated my way through High school
Don't listen to him, he doesn't drive an S2000.