California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Bad neighbor... AGAIN.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jess...sorry to hear this is still happening.... but this is straight up the old neighborhood bully case, its common.... we used to have one and he was 52 yrs old.... the day he came on to our property.... as bad as it sounds he left on a stretcher..... he's a grown a** man he knows what he's doing... get him to come on to your property, make a threat, and then take a 9 iron to the side of his knee.... trust me he'll end up with a broken leg and any retaliation towards you guys will end up having him arrested..... our neighbor tried to get us back but everytime he got loud or his stupid son tried to threaten us we called the cops.... and they wouldnt even come over to our house they knew exactly where the problem was....
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Oct 14 2008, 11:21 AM
i am going to disagree heavily.

authorities will not do anything, can't arrest him, can't fine him...nothing.

insurance will report to HIS insurance company regarding the accident and his RATES will increase.

i'm sure having his insurance rates increase is going to make him think twice about damaging other people's property.

and if he does it 3 times? his license will be suspended. and if he drives on a suspended license? his car will get impounded.
I figure as much he won't get arrested but at least if you have a police report it'll give better proof to the insurance company to beware of the situation.

My bad on not making it clear. just wanted to throw in my .02 cents before I went into my meeting earlier this morning.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM

you have no claim for an insurance company trust me been through that field. you will not win with insurance and it will only end up hurting you. I would suggest exactly what jdmfabes is suggesting... smart retaliation.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM

I offered discounts on surveillance equipment the first time you mentioned your neighbor issues. If you need information just let me know.

-Tony
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Thanks Tony. My parents got a camera- shitty camera since you can't see anything during the night. Since we put that camera up he complained to the cops that we put a camera up to watch him. After that camera went up though, he was quiet and didn't really do anything like he has before and is doing now. Plus he is now taking this whole situation away from our house (Anleth's incident).

Armen- you actually think we've been sitting around letting this guy do this to us? We've had the cops over, we've confronted him about it, hell- we've even talked to his wife about the whole situation because she claims she doesn't want this going on any longer. The cops do nothing- they take reports and that's it. Once they talk to him, he makes up some bullshit story to cover himself up. Example- Anleth talked to the cops today about what happened earlier this morning. They went to our neighbor's job to talk to him and he told them that we called his work to mouth him off and threaten him. Another example- when him and his wife got into an altercation which resulted in a broken window of his truck that he leaves in front of his house so we can't park there he called the cops and blamed the broken window on us. Prior to calling the cops, he moved the truck forward closer to our driveway to make it look like we had motive to break his window. Our neighbor saw the whole thing and reported that to the cops. Anything happen? NOTHING. When we confront him, he turns the whole situation around and starts blaming us. Example- He parked his car so that it was touching ours. We confronted him and he said "how do I know you didn't back your car into mine?" We called the cops and they said that we can't do anything about it, even though I took pictures of it, because there was no witness that saw him drive into our car.

Thanks everyone else for all of your support and feedback!! If I file a claim with my insurance, how are they going to be certain that they are the ones who damaged my car. I know it's true, but they aren't going to take my word for it. And besides my word, there really is no other evidence or proof that they did it.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:25 PM

You can still claim it under vandalism. You dont have to know who vandalized your car just that it was done.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Oct 14 2008, 09:45 AM
this is easy...

get a camera and record the activity outside of your house and press charges.

with anleth, but sure anleth states that he witnessed the "attack" with the thrown object...and he would probably need the person's license plate, so next time they carpool, write it down. press charges.

regarding the bumper scratches, why don't you file a claim with your insurance and provide them with your neighbors license plate information. he would get a point on his insurance and raise his rates, i'm sure that would get his attention. if you file a claim with insurance, be sure to tell them someone witnessed the event, if you don't capture it on camera.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:41 PM

damn what a POS neighbor
Old 10-14-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, getting bullied.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:28 PM

i read this but at your request ill keep my un-REALISTIC suggestions to myself.

hope you and mr. anleth, your friend, figure something permanent.

Quick Reply: Bad neighbor... AGAIN.