California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

bad body damage - need reputable SoCal S2000 body shop

Old 08-17-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad body damage - need reputable SoCal S2000 body shop

Sorry, Moderator RMurphy moved this to the Body and Paint forum but linked me this subforum as well. I don't think I'm authorized to move the original thread to another subforum.

If you can bear with me please see the photos in the following thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...#entry23717616
Old 08-17-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

You asked for specific advice on which body parts needed replacing so I moved it to the right forum for that.

As far as recommendations for local shops. I personally like San Pedro Autobody.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM

You might also find this thread helpful.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/845...acks-services/
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM

RMurpy,

Thanks and sorry for the confusion, I'll look into San Pedro Autobody. After presumably having seen the pictures yourself, do you have any opinion on which parts need replacing?

I know it's hard to tell from 3 photos but I get the feeling alot of work needs to be done.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
You might also find this thread helpful.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/845...acks-services/
Wow thanks! Aliso Viejo sure seems like the place to go. I'll do some more research before settling. No way I'm taking my S to the chain "Service Kings" that's affiliated with Allstate.

There is one sticking point however. Allstate is offering a "lifetime warranty" on the components either replaced or fixed. I have a hard time believing it to be legit. Was wondering what you think RMurphy?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by OCAtty
Was wondering what you think RMurphy?
I think you ought to be more careful what you ask for.

And good luck. Hope it all gets squared away for you quickly with minimum intrusion and annoyance.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by OCAtty' timestamp='1439869309' post='23717636
Was wondering what you think RMurphy?
I think you ought to be more careful what you ask for.

And good luck. Hope it all gets squared away for you quickly with minimum intrusion and annoyance.
That's what I hope as well, I'd still like your opinion on some of the questions I posed, since I am a novice and you are more experienced when it comes to S2Ks:

Mainly, based on the pictures I posted, do you think the damage is just meh, or is likely to entail replacement of each damaged part (whole bumper and rear fender)
Old 08-17-2015, 09:03 PM

I already answered your question twice about what *I* would do. I'm not sure why you keep asking me. It hasn't changed.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by OCAtty
Sorry, Moderator RMurphy moved this to the Body and Paint forum but linked me this subforum as well. I don't think I'm authorized to move the original thread to another subforum.

If you can bear with me please see the photos in the following thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...#entry23717616
If you want the repairs done in the SGV just pm me and i'll take care of you.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 PM

I already answered your question twice about what *I* would do. I'm not sure why you keep asking me. It hasn't changed.
I do appreciate your suggestion of the body shops, and helping to move this to the correct forums - but that's all you did. However, I don't feel like you answered my other questions in any fashion whatsoever.

I took down the video like you asked. Although I personally don't see the problem with posting even a public video about the incident, when hundreds of such videos are posted on sites like youtube and liveleak every single day, and even though my questions pertaining to liability after an auto accident were perfectly in line with the context of the S2k Talk sub-forum. I never saw any privacy concerns with that video, or how it could muck up my claim.

What I asked specifically was:

1) based on your experience, do you personally think the rear fender portion needs a complete replacement, same question about the entire rear bumper.

2) if I take it to my insurance-suggested body shop - do you think their "lifetime guarantee" on fixed or replaced parts is legitimate?

So I would appreciate some more forthcoming advice from you. I understand you are a moderator, which is why I had assumed that if there was anyone willing to provide thoughtful advice, it would be someone like you.

Quick Reply: bad body damage - need reputable SoCal S2000 body shop