California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anyone work in the Financial/Sales Industry?

Old 09-27-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone work in the Financial/Sales Industry?

I'm currently interviewing for a position for a financial company that sells life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, etc. to clients and businesses. They presented me with a slideshow that seemed very appealing career and salary-wise (average $70k, easily promoted to 6-figure salary), but it appeared that in order to truly succeed in this industry, you have to rely on your clients in making you strong referrals.

My question is, does anyone know if the salary in this industry is primarily based on your clientele? Or is it fixed from the company itself?

They keep telling me that in order to get promoted to high-end career positions, you basically just have to keep racking in clients and referrals. Once you become an established representative (after having passing the Series 6 & 63 exams, etc), you have the option to become a Branch Manager, and finally a Regional Manager (upwards 250k/yr) after you promote someone to Branch Manager.

Everything appears to be very appealing to me at this point, but I've never been one to "market" clients for these kinds of products.

What do you guys think?

The guy who presented his slideshow to me was promoted to a District Manager position in just 4 months' time (he averages about $70-80k/yr, which is in my book), from being someone who absolutely knew nothing about this kind of industry.