California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anyone interested in putting together a West Los Angeles meet?

Old 12-16-2001, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brad , I just want to thank you for putting this meet together so perfectly. I really
enjoyed meeting everyone and also the roads you took us. I'll be looking forward for
are next meet if it's on a sunday (only day I don't work !).Once again , excellent group
and hope to see you guys again .
Old 12-16-2001, 11:18 PM

Of course Brad, the props go out to you for getting us all on the same page today. I dont think a first timer could ever have even nearly as much fun as my girlfriend and i did. You guys are all a blast. I dont think i ever saw so many people saying OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH and AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH cant wait till the next one...
Thanks again

sherwin
Old 12-17-2001, 07:09 AM

We really had an awesome time and a perfect day. Great group, cool to see and talk about everyone else's cars, and what a sight it is to see a string of S2K's winding down the road! Bradkarma--you rule! Can't wait for the next meet.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:15 AM

BTW, I'm all for cruising with the boxster group. We'll take it easy so they can keep up. Pretty funny how we crossed paths twice Sunday.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:42 AM

It was great to meet all of you. Brad, heres to you for a perfectly planned event. You even managed to get the weather right! Everyone br sure to keep your eyes peeled for an event in pasadena after the holidays. I cant wait to see the pictures from this one.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:04 AM

Glad to hear that everyone had as much fun as I did. Also, I'm especially glad that Robert from the SoCal Boxter group was able to track down our little community. On the way down Latigo, i saw a Boxster with his lights on coming the other way... we flashed our lights and waved probably both thinking that the other was solo... little did we know, there was a convoy hidden behind each of us .

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next event (maybe the Pasadena area run that Rob mentioned?) and I hope that we can organize something to include members from the Boxster group as well. Once again, thanks for all the positive feedback... I'm glad that everything worked out.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:04 AM

Brad

Me and my wife had a great time and the view from the Duke's was awesome. Next time we will join you for the whole drive. I hope you guys liked Latigo. It is one of my favorite roads to drive.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:41 AM

Brad, I know everyone's said this already, but, thanks again. What a great day!

I'll post all the stills that Dasha took ASAP, just as soon as I remember how to get them out of the damn camera and onto a PC.

As for the video, she's going to edit it down to 5-10 mins of good stuff. Need to rent her some time on a Final Cut machine to do it, though, so it prolly won't be until after the holidays. Anyone have access to a streaming sever we could post it on? BTW some of the footage is really cool looking.

It was great meeting all of you. When's the next one? Mid-Jan.? Did I see Pasadena in there somewhere?

Dinnyin
Old 12-17-2001, 08:59 AM

From the Southern California Boxster Group Message Board...

Yet anather, YOU HAD TO BE THERE! Malibu Drive!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALl the planets ended up being perfectly aligned. Super sunny and no haze. We were so high (in altitude) at times that we could see the curvature of the earth and all of the local islands. Its was an amazing day for driving. There was little to now traffic in the canyons. Which was extraordinary since it was a sunday. the roads were also swpt clean of most rocks. On latigo Cyn, we passed the local SoCal S2000 club . We waved, they waved back. Half of the 911 drivers even flashed us. That was startling! On latigo when I was making a transition between two hairpin turns I was momentarily airborne (I might have got 1/4" off the ground). that was fun. because it was so smooth landing. I had alot of fun. We did the classic Malibu Canyon boxster run route. It was nice to put the old Boxster through its paces again.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Dinnyin
Need to rent her some time on a Final Cut machine to do it, though, so it prolly won't be until after the holidays.
Does your video camera have firewire (IEEE1394/i.Link/etc)? I have a G4 PowerBook 667/1GB/48GB that I can load Final Cut 3 (soon) onto.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in putting together a West Los Angeles meet?