California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anyone here ever contest a speeding ticket? or go to court over a speeding ticket?

Old 03-07-2002, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's my experience with ticket assassin. He never replied to my e-mails and did not help me out when I lost my trial by written declaration, in which I followed his every steps closely. His universal forms are probably used too much to win a case nowadays. I now have to go to court for my trial de novo in april for a ticket I got in august of last year. The CHP officier was a sergent, not sure if that makes any difference and he didn't get me on radar, but noticed the car he got on radar was slower than my speed and he "estimated" my speed to be more than the clocked 83mph of the white explorer. I told the officier at the time a raised ford f150 truck was tailgaiting me so I accelerated. The cop didn't like my explanation. So...I have 3 more tickets to fight besides that ticket I got in august.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:31 PM

forgot to mention this, don't think ticketassasin has all the answers, his advise can merely help but it's no gaurentee.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by vapors2k
here's my experience with ticket assassin. He never replied to my e-mails and did not help me out when I lost my trial by written declaration, in which I followed his every steps closely. His universal forms are probably used too much to win a case nowadays. I now have to go to court for my trial de novo in april for a ticket I got in august of last year. The CHP officier was a sergent, not sure if that makes any difference and he didn't get me on radar, but noticed the car he got on radar was slower than my speed and he "estimated" my speed to be more than the clocked 83mph of the white explorer. I told the officier at the time a raised ford f150 truck was tailgaiting me so I accelerated. The cop didn't like my explanation. So...I have 3 more tickets to fight besides that ticket I got in august.
So with the trial de novo, you're basically just pleading not guilty again right? Can you plead guilty with a reason and try to get the fine reduced?

Also with the second trial, is there an option to go to the DA? or ask for a public defender to try to come to a compromise.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:00 AM

anything is possible. I believe I can change my plee to guilty and "bargin" with the judge for traffic school. Chances are, the DA will probably blow you off for a traffic ticket, meaning, he has better things to do.