California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

ANYONE GET A TICKET FOR THROWING A LIT CIGARETTE?

Old 10-30-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE GET A TICKET FOR THROWING A LIT CIGARETTE?

i just got a ticket last night for throwing a cigarette. but the story is actually quite interesting.. i was rolling down the streets of goldenwest and edinger (for those of you familiar with the orange county area) and apparently i was speeding. i was no aware but then i saw blues and reds in my rear, not a good sign. so i pulled over and the cop asked me if i knew wut i did wrong, i am not going to incriminate myself so i said i had no idea. she told me i was doing 60 in a 40 zone. i was smoking a cigarette when this happened and she asked me to put out my cigarette. so i dropped the cigarette out the window and asked for my license and registration, she has it for 5 mins, and ended up writing me a goddamn ticket. but not for the speeding, but for THROWING THE LIT CIGARETTE WHEN SHE ASKED ME TO PUT IT OUT. there was no safe place to put it out in my car so where else can i put it out? on my hand? so i am just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me. if any of you got this same ticker CVC 23111 let me know how much it cost you and if you fought the ticket let me know your strategy. thanks.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:08 PM

i know theres is a bunch of anti smokers out there, but i really need ADVICE on how to fight the ticket not wisecracks...
Old 10-30-2005, 02:14 PM

YOu are not allowed to litter, period. California doesnt give a #$%# about your smoking problem. There is an ashtray in teh car... or rather a compartment for it. I hate to be a $%% but you will not win this one in court. Sorry bro.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have steped in the sig and picked it up
after it was out

depending on the city it could be $1000 littering

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the Paul Buzzo Act.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imseksy,Oct 30 2005, 02:58 PM
i just got a ticket last night for throwing a cigarette. but the story is actually quite interesting.. i was rolling down the streets of goldenwest and edinger (for those of you familiar with the orange county area) and apparently i was speeding. i was no aware but then i saw blues and reds in my rear, not a good sign. so i pulled over and the cop asked me if i knew wut i did wrong, i am not going to incriminate myself so i said i had no idea. she told me i was doing 60 in a 40 zone. i was smoking a cigarette when this happened and she asked me to put out my cigarette. so i dropped the cigarette out the window and asked for my license and registration, she has it for 5 mins, and ended up writing me a goddamn ticket. but not for the speeding, but for THROWING THE LIT CIGARETTE WHEN SHE ASKED ME TO PUT IT OUT. there was no safe place to put it out in my car so where else can i put it out? on my hand? so i am just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me. if any of you got this same ticker CVC 23111 let me know how much it cost you and if you fought the ticket let me know your strategy. thanks.
There is NO law that says you cant smoke while recieveing a ticket.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:27 PM

yeah there is no law, but for the safety of the officer they CAN ask you to put it out... for their safet just in case you are disgruntled or something and throw the cigarette at the cops face or something. so its understandable for them to ask me to put it out.. im just pissed because she gave me a ticket for the cig instead of the speeding in which she initially pulled me over for in the first place.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imseksy,Oct 30 2005, 03:27 PM
yeah there is no law, but for the safety of the officer they CAN ask you to put it out... for their safet just in case you are disgruntled or something and throw the cigarette at the cops face or something. so its understandable for them to ask me to put it out.. im just pissed because she gave me a ticket for the cig instead of the speeding in which she initially pulled me over for in the first place.
You would rather have a speeding ticket?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:47 PM

Yes I met a woman when I went with my buddy to court. He had a speeding ticket and this woman was telling me that she got pulled over for throwing a cig out the window. They gave her a hefty fine AND 2 hours of community service. Just for one cigarette.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:47 PM

i think i would rather have the speeding ticket... littering could face fines up to 1000 dollars... and plus there have been more cases won in speeding trials than in littering cases... i dont know anyone who ever won a littering ticket the LEGIT way...
Old 10-30-2005, 04:25 PM

bad times ahead for you.

Quick Reply: ANYONE GET A TICKET FOR THROWING A LIT CIGARETTE?