California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

anyone do own oil change?

Old 05-20-2003, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone do own oil change?

anyone going to do there own oil change anytime soon? i would like to see how its done so i can do it myself in the future....

anyone know a place near rowland heights that would do a good job?
Old 05-20-2003, 01:27 PM

Kang, I suggest you get a fumotovalve b4 you do the next oil change. Makes the whole process a lot easier. If I can change oil, anyone can.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:35 PM

whats that? where would i get it?
Old 05-20-2003, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by DavidKang
whats that? where would i get it?
www.fumotovalve.com
Old 05-20-2003, 01:40 PM

does the eliminate the use of crush washers?
Old 05-20-2003, 02:34 PM

I do my own oil changes. I'm probably not going to do one for anothe 3K miles, since I just did on a few weeks ago.

I bought some ramps to drive up on when I do the oil change. They were actually on sale at Kragen for around $20.00.

All you haev to do is jack up the car (or put it on ramps), unscrew the oil bolt, drain all the oil, change he filter, put the bolt back in and fill it with oil. The valve that Kekoa is showing just makes it easier, sincethen you don't have to take the bolt out for it to drain.

Some hints:

1) Make sure the rubber o-ring on the old oil filter is still attached to it and not attached to the car.

2) Before putting on the new filter, put a light coat of oil on the rubber o-ring with your finger.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:05 PM
S2R

i go to this place. ask for kay. he's pretty cool and actually races his cars. he has a gutted and raced out accord and sentra.

sun wave auto
Old 05-20-2003, 03:11 PM

Here ya go David. From the #1 Stunna himself.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=70348

Oh and the fumotovalve helps a lot if you have a spoon x-brace like I do. It comes with a NIPPLE that you can attach a small hose to so that the oil doesn't run accross the brace and all over the floor.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by MarkS2K
I do my own oil changes. I'm probably not going to do one for anothe 3K miles, since I just did on a few weeks ago.

I bought some ramps to drive up on when I do the oil change. They were actually on sale at Kragen for around $20.00.

All you haev to do is jack up the car (or put it on ramps), unscrew the oil bolt, drain all the oil, change he filter, put the bolt back in and fill it with oil. The valve that Kekoa is showing just makes it easier, sincethen you don't have to take the bolt out for it to drain.

Some hints:

1) Make sure the rubber o-ring on the old oil filter is still attached to it and not attached to the car.

2) Before putting on the new filter, put a light coat of oil on the rubber o-ring with your finger.
thanks for the tips.... when putting oil arounf the o-ring, do you mean motoroil?
also, how big are the ramps? are they sturdy? i have a fear of getting crushed
Old 05-20-2003, 03:39 PM

Yes, put motoroil on the o-ring. It helps make a better seal when you put the filter on. The instructions that Kekopa posted also say to do this.

The ramps I bought are called Rhino Ramps. They are made out of a hard plastic that can hold up to 12,000 lbs. Here's the website for them.

http://www.blitzusa.com/

just click on auto products on the left menu and then click on ramps on the middle menu. The ones I got are the ones that support 12,000 lbs. They are speciofically made for low profile cars. The Miata guys use them all the time.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidKang
[B]

thanks for the tips.... when putting oil arounf the o-ring, do you mean motoroil?

Quick Reply: anyone do own oil change?