California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Any S2ki Vendors that carry Berk Test Pipe?

Old 05-04-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe u got ur sensor dirty or something during the install.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think so. I barely even touched it other than to loosen and tighten it back down.

My Berk test pipe is not the first one that has thrown a CEL. I am just letting other members know their claim of having a test pipe that will not trigger a CEL is not true in every case. Again I am not saying every test pipe they sell will throw a code, but I promise you that some of them will.

I was talking about this issue at Berk and the guy I was talking to said he has seen some cases where the CEL has come on after installation. He said if it should come on to use 1 anti-fouler and it should be fine. If the company acknowledges the issue and advises the buyer of how to fix the issue, then I would say it is probably pretty common.

Dont get me wrong the people down at Berk are really nice and very professional. The build quality is great and there were no fitment issues at all and its a lot cheaper than buying a comptech test pipe for triple the price. I would recommend the Berk test pipe to other S owners I would just advize them the they may get a CEL.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kinda gains do you get?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,May 4 2006, 06:48 PM
I dont think so. I barely even touched it other than to loosen and tighten it back down.

My Berk test pipe is not the first one that has thrown a CEL. I am just letting other members know their claim of having a test pipe that will not trigger a CEL is not true in every case. Again I am not saying every test pipe they sell will throw a code, but I promise you that some of them will.

I was talking about this issue at Berk and the guy I was talking to said he has seen some cases where the CEL has come on after installation. He said if it should come on to use 1 anti-fouler and it should be fine. If the company acknowledges the issue and advises the buyer of how to fix the issue, then I would say it is probably pretty common.

Dont get me wrong the people down at Berk are really nice and very professional. The build quality is great and there were no fitment issues at all and its a lot cheaper than buying a comptech test pipe for triple the price. I would recommend the Berk test pipe to other S owners I would just advize them the they may get a CEL.
Hmmm, thats good information. I installed a used Berk pipe on my buddies S and no CEL. But a simple solution for a simple problem.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:04 PM

My test pipe has been installed for over 6 months or something now and not one CEL,
Old 05-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Wink

I've had the Berk Technology test pipe for almost a year and the CEL never came on once yet. This is the best mod I have and worth every penny.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:22 PM

My CEL just came on today =/
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by ImMisterJimmy,Oct 31 2006, 10:22 PM
The S2k have been my dream car since middle school, and i finally got one during my sophemore year, now i am a junior in high school. I loved it by the first sight. And now it is braking my heart
sounds like you were thinking too much about the S2K during English class in middle school and your sophomore year

sorry bro, couldn't resist your sig
Old 11-01-2006, 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=neveronlines2k,May 4 2006, 02:32 PM]Really??? I installed my Berk test pipe a week ago. And this morning on the way to work ...CEL!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Red_Devil,Nov 1 2006, 03:13 PM
Did you unplug the (-) off from your battery before you install the test-pipe for let your ECU data reset just curious

I've an invidia test-pipe before, it is 50/50! Not matter how many anit-fouler you put (I did put 4, and I believe more than 6 inches long) on the pipe to extend the length between the O2 sensor, CEL still on once in a while. But I didn't pay attention by what condition the CEL will turn off by itself again. I thought I fxxx up my O2 sensor, but wait.. after I put my CAT back on, everything back to normal

After I got my cat-back exhaust, I'll put these on at the same time, and see how it work Berk test-pipe quality
interesting,,, i put my cat back on after de-installing my invidia TP and i still have the CEL and its not going away. its been almost 2 weeks or so.. tried disconnecting the neg terminal and nope! a few seconds after turning on the car it will come on again..

any ideas?

Quick Reply: Any S2ki Vendors that carry Berk Test Pipe?