California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Another Vicitm of Profiling by the Cops

Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, so much text book stuff, where are the guys with the experience?

ive been pulled over many times, used OEM replacement as an excuse and it WORKS. (from san diego to OC) 95db is the LIMIT. how do I know? I have relations with authority.

please, no more copy and pasting.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Millenion LTD,Oct 1 2009, 01:29 PM

ive been pulled over many times, used OEM replacement as an excuse and it WORKS. (from san diego to OC) 95db is the LIMIT. how do I know? I have relations with authority.

It only works if the cop wants it to work. If they want to give you a ticket, they will give you a ticket. You will not be able to talk your way out of it.

Like I said in my previous post, I got a ticket for a stock exhaust. I was very polite the whole time speaking to the officer. When he told me I was going to get a ticket for modified exhaust, I told him it was stock from the dealer. He argued that it had a tip on it. I advised him that the GSR model had a tip from the factory. He disagreed and I then told him there's a dealership down the street (I was 1 mile from Honda World) but he just replied, tell that to the judge.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by OC S2K,Oct 1 2009, 12:36 PM
It only works if the cop wants it to work. If they want to give you a ticket, they will give you a ticket. You will not be able to talk your way out of it.

Like I said in my previous post, I got a ticket for a stock exhaust. I was very polite the whole time speaking to the officer. When he told me I was going to get a ticket for modified exhaust, I told him it was stock from the dealer. He argued that it had a tip on it. I advised him that the GSR model had a tip from the factory. He disagreed and I then told him there's a dealership down the street (I was 1 mile from Honda World) but he just replied, tell that to the judge.
And you got stuck paying the $10 court fee and wasted time. The system totally works.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Yep, which they changed to $25 now.

Greeeeat.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Oct 1 2009, 12:53 PM
And you got stuck paying the $10 court fee and wasted time. The system totally works.
that's my main complaint w/the fix it ticket system. if you fix something and have it written off, pay the fine.

but when you get cited for something that requires you to do nothing but defend yourself, why do you have to pay? retarded, f-ed up system....and they increased the fee.

anyone want to look up the increase in fix-it ticket revenue out there? i bet it's up over last year....call it a hunch.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Oct 1 2009, 01:53 PM
Yep. And it wasn't worth fighting either. I went and got it signed off the same day.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=lookuphere,Sep 30 2009, 01:38 PM]OLD TOWN PASADENA!! I am never driving on Colorado there at night again.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Millenion LTD,Oct 1 2009, 01:29 PM

that's what I originally hoping for.....experience

or at least a cliff notes summary of those verbose, convulated and ambiguous exhaust laws.......
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lookuphere,Oct 1 2009, 03:55 PM
that's what I originally hoping for.....experience

or at least a cliff notes summary of those verbose, convulated and ambiguous exhaust laws.......
all the quoting of CVCs on the last couple pages doesn't have anything to do w/ our cars, so you can ignore that stuff. the laws are posted on the first page of this thread.

Bare minimum u need to know: exhaust sound level needs to be no louder than 95 dB.

But yes as you stated, there are many details and 'gray' areas in the law that make exhaust modification, in general, a touchy subject when you have run-in's w/ the law.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by innout312,Sep 30 2009, 10:47 PM
Were you in Walnut near Nogales High School? I saw a yellow ap2 pulled over there last night right before I got pulled over for a modified exhaust also.
Yea that was me...they said theyre some kinda street racing task force shit.
DONT TAKE THAT ROAD ANY MORE! Exactly 1 week before I got my ticket(i go to the driving range on tuesday nights) I saw 6 cars pulled over at once, all lanes blocked off except for 1 with a cop taking a close look at every car. Supposedly they was some street racing.(that road is known for drag racing actually)

Quick Reply: Another Vicitm of Profiling by the Cops