California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Annual Yosemite Drive

Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annual Yosemite Drive

Hello everyone! CV section is preparing an annual Yosemite drive and I wanted to extend the invite to you guys. If anyone is willing to go. They can meet us in Bakersfield and we can continue on from there here is what was posted in CV section. The date is selected as of now.

"Ok guys....I was asked to form a thread about doing the Yosemite drive this year and I was wondering who would be interested in making it out this year? Please be honest and certain if you want to be a part of this year's drive. It will only be possible if we get enough people to come out. Last years was nice, but we didn't get the amount of people to come out that we would of liked. So chime in if you would be interested in making this drive a reality. Probably Ulmighty, cococrackman (Sebastian) and myself would be organizing the event. Put your name on the list and we can set up a date soon before it gets too hot.

How does Saturday June 1st sound to you guys??
Lmk....
Meet location: The In & Out located on Friant just off the 41 North here in Fresno.
Time: 9am and leave by no later than 10am (to Yosemite)
Date: June 1, 2013
We also need someone to lead the pack which most likely be myself, Sebastian or Lu. "

Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles is the whole drive? I'd interested in going, thru canyons? Or what's the route
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will be using the same route we've always used. Disregard the year in the picture 2013*
Here is a map of the route:

Please come prepared and here are a few guidelines for us to keep it safe and to make sure we don't loose anyone:

As a reminder: this is not a canyon race. We will be observing local laws and the lead car will set the pace for the entire group. We want you to relax and enjoy the top down drive through some of California's most scenic views

All drivers are to maintain a good 3-5 car lengths from the preceding car. Passing is allowed where safe and legal. If you pass, you must allow yourself the same3-5 car lengths during the cruse. In other words, no tail gating. If you would like to pass, please besure to use your turn signals and make sure the preceding car knows you are looking to pass. If anyone behind you is looking to pass, please wave them by.
Note: The lead car is not to be passed.

Please note the following guidelines:

If you see that anyone is missing, lost, or broken down, turn on your high beams and try to get the attention of the preceding car. If you see in your mirrors that a car has it high beams on, please wave to them so that they know you got the signal. It is then you responsibility to turn on your high beams and notify the preceding car. This signal should be transmitted to the lead car so that the leader can find a safe place to pull over and discuss the issue and send help if needed.

If you are lost, broken down, or just need assistance for any reason please turn on your hazards and leave them on till assistance arrives.

If you need to break off from the group drive for any reason that does not requre assistance, please notify the preceding and following car by turing on your turn signal and giving the signal out the drivers window. This needs to be done well in advance of you breaking off from the group. Once the preceding and following cars wave to you, break off from the group. This will keep us from wasting time looking for "lost" cars / drivers that intentionally left or made a stop that do not require assistance. The group will continue on with the cruse and you can catch up with us later or attend to your own pressing needs that do not require our assistance.