California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Android outgrows Iphone by 3:2! :)

Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Jan 11 2011, 10:57 PM
^ I too had a HTC windows phone and it would freeze and lag horribly on a regular basis.
i've had 2 HTC Windows phones.. now i've got the EVO rooted, rom'd and custom kernel and theme.. no battery issues whatsoever (so no extra battery in the pocket)... i will never go back to Windows..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 PM

after reading through this thread all i have to say is: i own a PC desktop, a Macbook, Android phone and iPod... let's keep the peace yeah? boy do i love my S.. i think we can all agree on that one..
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Jan 12 2011, 08:07 AM
Apple users = weineeeees
Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 AM

I Linux!

(current device = rooted Incredible running Android 2.2. It's bomdiggity!)

Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by wuttheheezy,Jan 27 2011, 01:28 AM
after reading through this thread all i have to say is: i own a PC desktop, a Macbook, Android phone and iPod... let's keep the peace yeah? boy do i love my S.. i think we can all agree on that one..
Diversification at its finest.....
Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 AM

i just got android 2.2.2 anyone else? havent seen much difference. cant wait till 3.0
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM

I had an original iPhone (paid $400, not $600 ). Had that a couple years and then upgraded to a 3GS. Had that for a while, and now I have a Droid X. I got fed up with ATT's garbage reception and my wife hated iTunes, so we bailed. Now that Verizon has announced the iPhone, I think we will both be keeping the Droid's. While the iOS is definitely smoother, Android's widgets and voice search give it the edge IMO.

My comparison:
*Browsing web - iPhone is smoother
*Email - iPhone is more intuitive, smoother
*Syncing with Outlook (consumer, not exchange) - iPhone (Droid doesn't). No problem, I've basically switched my calendar to the Google cloud. Could be an issue for some.
*Desktop widgets - Droid (calendar widget changed my World). This is the primary reason I would not go back to an iPhone... that and...
*File syncing / photos / music - Droid (iTunes is the Worst application ever created IMO and syncing takes forever. I abhor iTunes )
*Alarm Clock - iPhone takes it here, more user friendly, I like how iOS handles changing the hours / minutes better with a scrolling up down motion as opposed to Droid's up/down arrows
*Navigation - Droid (Free App with turn by turn directions, basically turns the entire phone into a Nav)
*App marketplace - Droid (don't have to log into iTunes each time you download a free app). However, there are a handful of iPhone apps I miss that I can get similar apps for Droid on but are not the exact same as iTunes apps (i.e. E.A. Scrabble)
*Camera - Droid X has a phatass 8MP camera... with a flash. My 3GS did not compare here.
*Plugging in - Iphone was much easier to "plug in", I could easily do it in the dark, where I have to really futz around with the Droid's small cord to get it to plug in.
*Hardware durability - Droid X has a soft backing and holds up much better to wear and tear than the iPhone IMO
*Keyboard typing - I'd give the nod to Droid here, with the Swype keyword modification that is available on Froyo 2.2
*Voice recognition and integration - I think Droid is much better than the iPhone on this one.
*Battery life - 3GS seems comparable to the Droid X. Both are good.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should really compare the 4G to Android X IMO. Battery life is better there alone.

There are apps to do easy file syncing w/o I tunes. Havent used the Droid X camera but the 4G camera is much better. Anytime anyone mentions "megapixels" with cameras, it tells me you really don't know about cameras.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 AM

I don't really claim to know or care about cameras . I'm comparing the 3GS to the Droid X because it's what I have owned. I cannot very well make a comparison with the iPhone 4 because I have never owned one. If you threw out everything else I said, I like the Android because of Widgets, and that alone is enough for me to want to keep it. I have no Android-fanboy or Apple-Fanboy in me, clearly, as I switched from one to another. People get so touchy about this stuff
Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM

i'm waiting around for iphone 5 to see what new features they can add to that iteration. I just bought my gf an iphone 4 this past Xmas and it's been smooth sailing. The camera is very slick with the led flash and the screen resolution is just amazing. Videos/Photos on the IPS retina is far above the iphone 3G. Amazingly, I sold my 2 year old iphone 3G for 260 bucks on ebay, a lot more than i thought I'd get for it.

I've always been an apple person since 1988, using Macs in elementary and eventually having one at home in '92, Mac LCII. Been through many powerbooks, PowerMacs, etc as well as PCs, notebooks. My Macs have given me far less headaches than my PCs but it doesn't mean none of my Macs have never fubar'd before. I currently have a 27" iMac with i5. I run both OSX and Win7. I use Win 7 mainly to game and do everything else in the OSX environment. I have always liked Apple products not because I am a "fanboy" but because I grew up using Macs and PCs but I prefer the UI of Macs more and the main apps I use i.e. Adobe CS suites are all available on the Mac.

I still remember during the time when Apple licensed out to Power Computer and they were running dual and quad CPU configs in the mid 90's. Ironic that during that time, Apple was worth almost next to nothing. Their stock was around 10 bucks i think. Wasn't until the return of Jobs, did Apple rise again. No matter what, you can't fault Jobs for his vision and how he turned Apple around to gain over 10% of the market share.

Quick Reply: Android outgrows Iphone by 3:2! :)