California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Amazon claim

Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazon claim

anybody dealt with a claim on amazon?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM

An item I bought off a seller on Amazon shipped me a damaged item. I quickly contacted the seller and the seller acted very professional and shipped me a new one without any questions.

Have you tried contacting the seller?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:20 AM

well i bought one of the older ps3 model from amazon. the 60gb with backward compatability one. When it arrived, i plug it in and this thing sounds like a vaccum cleaner, i had to turn up my tv to hear the game so i contact them for a return/refund. they got the item back and said i tampered with it and i swap out the motherboard and refuse to issue a refund.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM

I have. It was extremely easy. I called the hotline and explained that I never received the package even though the shipping company said it had been delivered. They set me up with a replacement order and had it shipped overnight. I couldn't have been happier considering I had selected 5-7 day free shipping on the original order.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2Kmonkee,Jul 23 2010, 11:37 AM
what are you looking for? info about the process? How it works? outcome? chances of reclaiming money?

It's pretty much like filing a claim on ebay. you try and work it out with the seller/buyer first, if that doesn't work, you take it to amazon. They act as the middle person and will hear it from both sides and then draw a conclusion.

Depends which merchant/seller you bought the stuff from, some of them are protected where you can just simply ask for a refund within 30 days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...8#other_sellers

Items Purchased from Other Sellers
As the Amazon.com Web site offers items for sale both by Amazon.com and by registered sellers, it is important in the returns process to know from whom the item was purchased.

If you have not received the refund within 4 weeks of sending your order back, please contact the seller. If the seller does not respond to your concerns, you may be eligible for our A-to-z Guarantee.

Amazon.com subsidiaries operating on Amazon.com selling platforms, such as Warehouse Deals, may have different policies. Merchant policies are accessible before ordering, wherever product details are made available.

Visit Your Account and view the order. Click on the order number and the seller is listed at the top of your order information.

If the item to be returned was not sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com, you will need to contact the seller directly or follow the specific Amazon Merchant's return instructions found in the order summary of Your Account. (Note: Orders from sellers that are shipped by Amazon.com through the Fulfillment by Amazon program are subject to the Amazon.com returns policy.)

For more about seller return policies and additional instructions, visit the following pages:

Amazon Merchants Returns (for items sold by companies such as Macy's or Eddie Bauer)
Amazon Marketplace Returns (for new, used, or collectible items sold by individual sellers through Amazon Marketplace)

A to Z Guarantee
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...l?nodeId=537868
Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kmonkee,Jul 23 2010, 10:37 AM
I have dealt with Amazon many times over the phone and it has been very very good. If you bought the item from Amazon or from another seller...just give Amazon's customer service a phone call. They will take care of your problem and tell you exactly what to do. It's a lot easier than you might think.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM

just curious how the process is, i bought it off some company in NY.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the customer service number. I think you have a fairly good chance of getting refunded.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM

if this wasnt through amazon directly...you're going to have more issues since it could be another merchant

Also, after reporting bad earnings that missed by alot on margins, I think Amazon will be a bit stricter with their credits/refunds/etc this quarter.

Their stock took a huge hit yesterday
Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by lookuphere,Jul 23 2010, 12:36 PM
if this wasnt through amazon directly...you're going to have more issues since it could be another merchant

Also, after reporting bad earnings that missed by alot on margins, I think Amazon will be a bit stricter with their credits/refunds/etc this quarter.

Their stock took a huge hit yesterday
ill call amazon.

Quick Reply: Amazon claim