California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's Norm's on Pico if anyone feels like having a sit down place. Overall good sized parking lot. Open 24/7.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

in-n-out at costco on washington?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM

If we're looking to get back to outdoor locations, why not just bring the meet back to the Best Buy lot. Plenty of space and easy access from the freeway. We were never hassled there but the lighting was quite dim.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by rice-CHRISpies
If we're looking to get back to outdoor locations, why not just bring the meet back to the Best Buy lot. Plenty of space and easy access from the freeway. We were never hassled there but the lighting was quite dim.
Lighting and it was cold. If people are interested though...
Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Nothing wrong with Best Buy other than maybe lighting and during the cooler months it does get rather chilly there. Visibility to the road has its pluses and minuses. On one hand, it makes it easier to find; on the other hand it makes it such that random passers-by were doing the whole get-loud thing trying to draw out someone for a street race. That draws attention to us and causes issues.

I've never been to the in-n-out near the costco on Washington late in the evening. I do know that the parking lot there is absolutely INSANE full when Costco is open though. So much so that they actually have a security person directing traffic at the main entrance. But Costco closes at 8:30 and if we stay near the EZ-Lube and the In-N-Out, that could be doable. Not sure. Like I said, I haven't been there in the evening and the times that I have gone earlier I have hated life trying to navigate the parking lot with all the activity, vehicles and carts. Locationwise it would be great for me though because it's right near my office and I'll just work late. :-)

There is also the KFC and McDonald's on Sawtelle at National. There is a bank there with parking space which would be closed and a Marie Calendars which gets mighty quiet after the blue-hair crowd leaves at 7pm. And the lots are all open to each other so it allows some space. Don't recall what lighting is like but it's good near the actual fastfood places. Nice part about that place is it puts us out of direct line of sight for the street.

There is the Vons/CVS parking lot at National and Sepulveda. Lighting sucks, but all along the front wall nearest Sepulveda parking should be great for everyone to line up. And there is an El Pollo Loco there, a Subway sandwhich place, and some other little shops in addition to the CVS and Vons.

As much as I like the idea of Rallys Hamburgers, (on Venice at Hughes, near historic downtown Culver City) I think the lot will be too small. They have all of about 12 parking spaces and we would end up taking them all.

Even if the location moves around a bit it's better than going on hiatus. Going on hiatus will cause the meet to lose momentum and you'll lose whatever regulars might have become accustomed to going. Actually, there is some advantage to moving around, so long as you establish a regular pattern of places. :-) No one gets a chance to complain because you only show up every 3 months, and we get to spread the love around a bit to various different stores/eateries.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Okay let's meet at Best Buy this coming month and then figure it from there.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:45 PM

A week and a half away!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 AM

1 more week!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the address for that bestbuy again?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by outerorbit1
What is the address for that bestbuy again?
It's on the first page.

Quick Reply: All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!