California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!

Old 10-18-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

i would suggest to at least use the oem honda filter. there are a ton of cheap places in LA, $15, $20, but the quality of the oil and filter will be compromised. I usually spend around $60-80 for oem honda filter and motul oil. u can always buy your own oil and filter and pay around $15-20 to have a shop do it.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, do any of you have a reputable tire/wheel mounting and alignment places you guys can recommend on the westside?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
i would suggest to at least use the oem honda filter. there are a ton of cheap places in LA, $15, $20, but the quality of the oil and filter will be compromised. I usually spend around $60-80 for oem honda filter and motul oil. u can always buy your own oil and filter and pay around $15-20 to have a shop do it.
+1 ^^

Originally Posted by llxzxll
hey guys, do any of you have a reputable tire/wheel mounting and alignment places you guys can recommend on the westside?
Last set of tires I ordered from Tire Rack I had shipped to Liberty Tire on Venice Blvd in Palms (it's near Motor Ave). I did not get the alignment done there. For alignments, I like West End Alignments. Review here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/882...t__p__20773309 A LOT of people like that shop.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Last set of tires I ordered from Tire Rack I had shipped to Liberty Tire on Venice Blvd in Palms (it's near Motor Ave). I did not get the alignment done there. For alignments, I like West End Alignments. Review here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/882...t__p__20773309 A LOT of people like that shop.
Did Liberty throw on tires on a set of aftermarket rims or just stockers?

Also, last time I tried to call West End, I couldn't even get through to them to set up an appointment. Do you know if they work on the weekends?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Liberty mounted my Dunlop Star Specs onto my AP2V2 wheels and allowed me to be in the shop area the entire time watching. I'm particular about my car and they knew it. They did fine.

I don't know West End's business hours, but I know these guys are booked 2 weeks out, only do work by appointment, and do an excellent job. Also, bring cash or check, as they don't take credit cards. As a business owner myself I understand their choice in that area and I don't blame them. These are righteous guys and I highly recommend them. It is possible when you called that everyone in the shop was working on a car so they couldn't answer the phone.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
Does anyone know of a good, cheap place for an oil change in West LA?
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1319006560' post='21082368

Also, last time I tried to call West End, I couldn't even get through to them to set up an appointment. Do you know if they work on the weekends?
We provide alignment, tire mounting/balancing, fluid changes, and 15-60k service deals from Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm. Please visit our service thread for more services and current specials - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/900...enance-thread/

Daryl
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
Originally Posted by for_my_s2k' timestamp='1318967680' post='21081064

We provide alignment, tire mounting/balancing, fluid changes, and 15-60k service deals from Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm. Please visit our service thread for more services and current specials - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/900...enance-thread/

Daryl
I had my alignment done at Evasive a couple alignments ago. Seems like you guys are booked through next week and would need something this weekend.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM

I know the West End guys asked me if I had an event I was under the gun to get ready for when I made my appointment. I got the impression they would have slotted me into any cancellation spot if I was really in a bind. I wasn't so I told him not to sweat it and I waited the two weeks.

I don't know the Evasive guys but if they support the forum they must be good people. But you asked for west side locations so I wouldn't have thought of them as fitting that criteria.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
I know the West End guys asked me if I had an event I was under the gun to get ready for when I made my appointment. I got the impression they would have slotted me into any cancellation spot if I was really in a bind. I wasn't so I told him not to sweat it and I waited the two weeks.

I don't know the Evasive guys but if they support the forum they must be good people. But you asked for west side locations so I wouldn't have thought of them as fitting that criteria.
Yeah that's the thing with Evasive (your assumption was correction). Don't really have the time to drive out too far. Would even consider Torrance a bit out of my way, but if that's the closest, most reputable spot, I will take it unless there are better options closer to home.

Thanks for all the info.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports' timestamp='1319133297' post='21087162
[quote name='for_my_s2k' timestamp='1318967680' post='21081064']

Daryl
I had my alignment done at Evasive a couple alignments ago. Seems like you guys are booked through next week and would need something this weekend.
[/quote]
I apologize, unfortunately we're completely booked this weekend. If you're only available on the weekend, I have available spots next Saturday or even earlier during the weekday

Quick Reply: All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!