California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hows it going Ryota? Thanks for the detailed reply. My car is lowered only 1" and I do not plan on going any lower then that. Camber-wise, I'd like to stay with the UK spec alignment that I have currently but if I have to go a little more extreme then thats okay. Yeah, the minor body work and repaint kind of makes it a little unappealing. I'm not scared of the fender work, I am just on somewhat of a budget.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Walnut
Hey guys! I was the guy taking all the pics. I'll post them up when I'm free either tonight or tomorrow. Nice meeting you all!

Where's the pics?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 316s2k
Hows it going Ryota? Thanks for the detailed reply. My car is lowered only 1" and I do not plan on going any lower then that. Camber-wise, I'd like to stay with the UK spec alignment that I have currently but if I have to go a little more extreme then thats okay. Yeah, the minor body work and repaint kind of makes it a little unappealing. I'm not scared of the fender work, I am just on somewhat of a budget.
With a 1" drop you might not have the INSIDE FENDER FRAME rubbing issue. but under roll depending on spring rate will probably rub. Remember the UK alignment is only -1 deg front camber. With only 1 deg of camber and a +40-45 offset will POKE outside the fenders most likely. Same with the rear. I run the x9 +45 with 3 deg of rear camber and it's very close to my rear QP (UK spec is -2deg rear). Personally, I am not a fan of wheels that poke past the fender but it is your car.

I am a firm believer of you gotta pay to play and do it right the first time . Being on a budget and trying to run 255s in the front is not going to work IMO. If you don't mind high offset wheels, you can probably run s2k offset non staggered (17x9 +63) without too much fender work, tho you will probably rub the inside fender frame with that offset. You can't afford the fender work? you can always save up some money. Just keep in mind, no matter what you do, you are gonna rub somewhere with 255 non staggered under bodyroll.

Where were you at the meet? I don't think we talked about setups at the meet did we? Sorry, pretty bad with putting names and SN together. Me, my friend, and I think veilsideLGD (the guy with the honda shirt?) were talking about non staggered set up pretty much the whole night. You can always come check out our car at the next meet (if we make it out) and you'll see exactly what I mean by rubbing and fender modifying issues. You can also probably get a better idea of everything.

Originally Posted by Walnut' timestamp='1312509765' post='20849073
Hey guys! I was the guy taking all the pics. I'll post them up when I'm free either tonight or tomorrow. Nice meeting you all!

Where's the pics?
Yes where are the pics~. Next time I'll make sure to bring my own camera
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by boosted180sx
Originally Posted by 316s2k' timestamp='1312701119' post='20854947
With a 1" drop you might not have the INSIDE FENDER FRAME rubbing issue. but under roll depending on spring rate will probably rub. Remember the UK alignment is only -1 deg front camber. With only 1 deg of camber and a +40-45 offset will POKE outside the fenders most likely. Same with the rear. I run the x9 +45 with 3 deg of rear camber and it's very close to my rear QP (UK spec is -2deg rear). Personally, I am not a fan of wheels that poke past the fender but it is your car.

I am a firm believer of you gotta pay to play and do it right the first time . Being on a budget and trying to run 255s in the front is not going to work IMO. If you don't mind high offset wheels, you can probably run s2k offset non staggered (17x9 +63) without too much fender work, tho you will probably rub the inside fender frame with that offset. You can't afford the fender work? you can always save up some money. Just keep in mind, no matter what you do, you are gonna rub somewhere with 255 non staggered under bodyroll.

Where were you at the meet? I don't think we talked about setups at the meet did we? Sorry, pretty bad with putting names and SN together. Me, my friend, and I think veilsideLGD (the guy with the honda shirt?) were talking about non staggered set up pretty much the whole night. You can always come check out our car at the next meet (if we make it out) and you'll see exactly what I mean by rubbing and fender modifying issues. You can also probably get a better idea of everything.

Originally Posted by Walnut' timestamp='1312509765' post='20849073

Where's the pics?
Yes where are the pics~. Next time I'll make sure to bring my own camera
I like my wheels to be pretty flush with my fenders. I am more function over looks kind of guy, and performance is a definite must for me. I am also a believer in the "you got to pay to play" mentality as well. I can afford the fender work no problem. I just want to make sure it is something that I definitely want to do before I commit to it. I also like mijae007's suggestion of staying staggered, and just getting beefier tires up front. I was the dude with the NFR. I hung out with Nicole, and her BF most of the night. I will most likely check out your car at the next meet. Thanks again for taking time to help me out.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Still waiting for the pictures from the meet?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

I have been arguing with myself for a while now over going staggered or not. I guess I just want a bit more stability, as well as better cornering feel. Non-staggered appeals to me because I could rotate my tires if I wanted to and save a little money, as well as a bit more stability I guess. What do you mean by beefier fronts? Meatier tires? Help me make up my mind. hahaha.
im currently shopping tires...hopefully 225 or 235 up front with 255 in the back. stock setup on the cr is 215f and 255r, so a 235f would definitely up the traction. my setup is going to be VERY mild compared to these crazy mofos. 17x7.5 and 17x8.5 with +48 and 50 offset.

i have some 5mm and 15mm spacers to play around with too. but theres a whole other topic on using recessed spacers, and clearance with extended studs and what not.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

oh and check out this website. educates the dummies (like me) on what all that offset, wheel base stuff means. make sure to match approp tire sizes to the spec wheels you have http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire
Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM

west la
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ertbll
west la
Morning.

Quick Reply: All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!