California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

corolla ftw on gas saver!!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by ertbll
hello wla and how u guys doing i bored lol
Haha. Already? It's only 9:13am. If you wait till next wednesday you can come out to the meet?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
So, I was in the BA this weekend and was convinced that since I'm car-less now, I might as well go back to a MINI, passing along this meet to someone else who still has their S. Well, unbeknownst to me, my helpful dad called the dealership that has the CR to talk to them about the CARFAX. It turns out that the dealership didn't even know about the accident and that they can guarantee there's no structural damage from it. They're willing to send out pictures. My dad also found out that there was maybe 5 or 600 dollars worth of damage done to the car. We might just take the risk and go with it. (Okay, so no one approves of this, I remind you I have no car and I live in LA.) In any case, though, I'm going to probably show up in the Corolla next week.
Hey. How are you? I can understand how you are feeling about being carless. The hunt for the right car can sometimes take a long time, and it can be frustrating sometimes. I am not that experienced in this field, but I truly believe that great things come to those who are patient. As for that CR, I would say that you and your great dad should either go there with a mechanic you trust to give it a look over to make sure or even take it yourselves to the best mechanic nearby that dealer. I would not take the dealers word for granted even if they can guarantee it (I know, you already know this...I am just saying). In the case there is nothing wrong with the car, I would try and get them to knock off a considerable amount from the asking price and have them fix the $500-$600 worth of damage.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are just looking out for a fellow s2ker when we are recommending to look for a different CR (in the case that this one is in bad shape). Show up in the Corolla. Like ertbll said....it's a great gas saver! The people are more important. (sorry for the long post...haha)
Old 08-30-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 316s2k
Originally Posted by ertbll' timestamp='1314720571' post='20927461
Haha. Already? It's only 9:13am. If you wait till next wednesday you can come out to the meet?

yea just i have no work right now lol so im just sittin and being on my laptop.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

It turns out that the dealership didn't even know about the accident and that they can guarantee there's no structural damage from it. They're willing to send out pictures. My dad also found out that there was maybe 5 or 600 dollars worth of damage done to the car.
Kind of scary the dealership didn't run a carfax on it themselves. But then again, if they do, and they know about a history on the car, then they are supposed to disclose it, so if the car *looks* straight, they are almost better off NOT knowing about any past accidents.

How was your dad able to find out how much the damage was? Great sleuthing Dad!

Be patient. Never, ever, ever rush to buy a car. Borrow a car, take the bus (eew!), or even rent something long term for low cost. Most local car rental places will cut *great* deals on long term rentals. But never, ever, ever rush a big purchase. It could be just fine, but it could also bite you. Remember that you are emotionally compromised in this deal right now (it's apparent you are in love with the CR and you *want* it bad) and you're going to perhaps be less clear on it than if you weren't otherwise jonesing for a CR fix right now. Do whatever research needs doing to confirm this CR is a righteous deal before you buy. WARNING: damn funny sweeping generalizations follow.... Dealerships are like young guys wanting to get you in the sack. They will say anything they think you want to hear just to get you to close the deal with them. And if they see you are teetering on the brink, then the pressure will come on real hard and you'll be begging for mercy until you either cave or walk.

PS You don't get to hand off WLA meet organizer status that easily! LOL! Until you are certain you aren't getting another S2000, you should just keep organizing the get together and everyone will understand just fine. :-)
Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 316s2k' timestamp='1314720867' post='20927479
[quote name='ertbll' timestamp='1314720571' post='20927461']

[/quote]

Call up some of your friends, and go for a nice drive?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Hey thanks for the responses. I should make some things clear (I didn't even think to mention them). The dealership isn't a Honda dealership. It's also located in IL. It did run a report on the car but it wasn't carfax. The report they ran didn't come up with the accident. The accident happened like four months after it was bought in 2008, so it was Honda that took care of the damage. How my dad found out about how much it was, I don't know. Hmmm... Anyways, I'm pretty much going by what my dad's feeling. As some know, he's a big car person and he should know what he's doing. I understand what you all are saying as well but, damn, finding a non- BB CR for sale is freaking hard! I just wanted to update you all on the situation because it actually seems like it's not as severe as it was originally thought.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Hey thanks for the responses. I should make some things clear (I didn't even think to mention them). The dealership isn't a Honda dealership. It's also located in IL. It did run a report on the car but it wasn't carfax. The report they ran didn't come up with the accident. The accident happened like four months after it was bought in 2008, so it was Honda that took care of the damage. How my dad found out about how much it was, I don't know. Hmmm... Anyways, I'm pretty much going by what my dad's feeling. As some know, he's a big car person and he should know what he's doing. I understand what you all are saying as well but, damn, finding a non- BB CR for sale is freaking hard! I just wanted to update you all on the situation because it actually seems like it's not as severe as it was originally thought.
Well, if it's not severe and it's in good shape then why not?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by 316s2k
Originally Posted by ertbll' timestamp='1314724604' post='20927742
[quote name='316s2k' timestamp='1314720867' post='20927479']

[/quote]

[/quote]

i cant im at work haha fml lol

but i wll once i get out of here!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by 316s2k' timestamp='1314726661' post='20927883
[quote name='ertbll' timestamp='1314724604' post='20927742']
[quote name='316s2k' timestamp='1314720867' post='20927479']

[/quote]

[/quote]

i cant im at work haha fml lol

but i wll once i get out of here!
[/quote]

Haha. I thought you meant you had the day off. If you still can go for the drive, then go for it.

Quick Reply: All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!