California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

All cars are welcomed at the WEST LA Meet!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this meet happening tomorrow?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by E-man
This meet has been slowly dying. I personally won't be able to make this one because I'm celebrating my birthday. For the others, I couldn't tell you. There's about four cars or so that show up now a days.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
Originally Posted by E-man' timestamp='1352225328' post='22133223
This meet has been slowly dying. I personally won't be able to make this one because I'm celebrating my birthday. For the others, I couldn't tell you. There's about four cars or so that show up now a days.

Wheres the Bday invite? j/k well have fun and be safe on your bday.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM

Ill just drop by the lot anyways and see if anyone shows up.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM

did anbody come to this? I was gonna stop by but totally forgot
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
This meet has been slowly dying. I personally won't be able to make this one because I'm celebrating my birthday.
Happy belated birthday! Yay!

I wonder if it might be worthwhile to see if there is someone who wants to be co-organizer with you, then there will always be someone to be more or less in charge of running the event. Not that it requires a lot of running, just someone who designates a spot, says for sure if it's happening or not and will be there as sort of the "anchor." I'm not necessarily volunteering, just suggesting. I already have my hands full with organizing the EOM Drives.

Maybe someone else who wants to see the meet continue would be willing to volunteer? Basically you need the following things to get people out: 1) an anchor--someone who will definitely be there regardless, so that those who are thinking about going will know they won't be standing around alone in an empty parking lot; 2) pictures or video from recent meet ups; 3) a good place (or places) for meeting. Point three is difficult to define because everyone has a different idea about what is good, but if at all possible it's a great idea to have explicit permission of the owner of the parking lot.

So all you really need are those 3 things.

Just a thought if you want to take it to another level: get 5 people committed to making the meet an ongoing thing. The organizer(s) of the meet then locate some local food place with a good sized lot and find out what is their slowest evening of the week. Then ask for them to give permission to use their lot for 2-3 hours on that slow night with a promise that everyone attending will be respectful (no revving, no loud music, no burnouts, no racing, no trash) and will buy at *least* a soda when they visit. Promise that the store name will get prominent placement in the posts, etc.

Subway shops, Quiznos, Norms, In-n-Out...those kinds of places which are low-key are good choices.

I've organized monthly business events for women's groups with the chamber of commerce as well as drives and other gatherings. The hardest part is getting it started, but once it's started all you need to do is show up and then post pics after. Bump the thread once a week in between with conversation about something vaguely event-related and you're good. It took about 6 months to get the EOM Drive solid, but now it practically advertises itself and my biggest concern at this point is it's almost getting too popular. :-D

So maybe someone who enjoys the Westside meets and wants to keep them going might be willing to step in and help out.

Posted via mobile. sorry about any typos. :-( dyac.com is like my life story.