California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Alignment Problem?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Problem?

Hey guys and gals...I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem or situation I did. So I was driving doing errands toda...when I finally drove down this uneven bumpy road(temple) when all of a sudden my alignment got really off to where my steering wheel wouldn't line up at all...and from that point my steering while driving started wandering whenever I hit uneven roads. I checked my tires and they looked fine, but the problem is still there. I looked at a few threads and i'm thinking that my subframe bolts might be loose? or can it be my rack and pinion? Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

* I also need my driver's side rear wheel bearing replaced...if anyone can direct me to someone that can help fix both.

-Dex
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are you talking about bump steer? hmmm

What your describing is somewhat normal for many s2k's. If your lowered especially. It can be fixed with a simple part that corrects all the measurements.

Your describing it like it's a new issue though, mine's always steered on it's own and wandered on uneven roads. Typically it should pull into the higher part. So down the middle of the lane is 2 main tire paths making a valley and on either side it rises, as the tire creeps up the rise it will pull INTO the rise.

THIS is normal. Is this what your describing?

-Greg

I've had my wheel bearing done but I was under warranty, my buddy who is a tech said it's easy but It'll prolly cost you a few hundred I'd expect.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 PM

Its cus your slammed dex.. happens to every lowered S.. or other car for that matter.. bump steer kit
Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 PM

thanks greg and paul for your input, but is it normal that sometimes I hear sounds coming from the front end when I hit bumps?? and when I turn my wheel on all the way to the right I heard a loud click.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should tighten the bolts on the crossmember. It should get rid of the "clunk" noise you hear when you turn the wheel.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 PM

Happens to me too Deks, but it's fairly normal for small, lowered cars. Regarding the clicking noise you hear on the front end and when you turn the wheel, I advice that you tighten loose bolts down there.
Good luck bro
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 AM

Thanks for all the help fellas...I'll be sure to check it out later today, but when I was on the way to work...the loud clunking coming from the drivers side front fender got more distinctive when I hit uneven roads. Any more input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT especially sucks when your in the carpool lane, and those lines that are in the concrete (Someone told me they put those in there for rain drainage) More or less drive your car for you. Then, sometimes it makes my car swerve so bad its almost like I am going to hit the wall
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Aug 2 2008, 11:31 AM
IT especially sucks when your in the carpool lane, and those lines that are in the concrete (Someone told me they put those in there for rain drainage) More or less drive your car for you. Then, sometimes it makes my car swerve so bad its almost like I am going to hit the wall
Yeah I hate that...

Anyone else with some input? Planning on working on my car later today to see what's up.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the same thing!!! Hate that. There's a few roads that completely rip the wheel outa your hands if you hit them wrong. Talk about a safety hazard. Then again, most of us kinda expect it so we don't relax on the wheel too much.

Quick Reply: Alignment Problem?