California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Add me to the pulled over list

Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Picturepro,Sep 12 2008, 09:53 AM
cops are just revenue generators for the county
you wouldn't say that when you actually need their help...

or if you witness them risk their lives.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Picturepro,Sep 12 2008, 09:53 AM
cops are just revenue generators for the county
i would say "they are revenue generators" and leave out "just"
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn.. everyones gettin rolled now. i got rolled last thurs for moded exhaust. what sucks is that i was in the middle of a 9-10 s2k line, all modded and i happen to be the only one with a single exhaust. and after i got my ticket, i see a evo pulled over on the opposite side of the road just about a mile from where i got pulled over.

everyone needs to be extra careful now. the man is gettin serious
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeung528,Sep 12 2008, 11:02 AM
you wouldn't say that when you actually need their help...

or if you witness them risk their lives.
Never have been there when I need em.... EVER USELESS. Always there AFTER the damage is done. AFTER the shooting. AFTER your car is stolen. AFTER your friend is jumped. AFTER AFTER AFTER. USELESS. When I had someone commit armed robbery against me trying to steal my truck INFRONT OF ME, I got a licesnse plate and clear description of all 3 people and the vehicle PERFECT description... the cops didn't bother following up even... nice. I know exactly why I carry a gun.

CHP = useless.
PD = nearly useless.

HERE WE GO AGAIN.... the debate. lol
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I drove from SD to Carson about 2 weeks ago, I see 3 CHP with 3 motorists pulled over along the 405 S. On my drive back home I see 3 CHP with 3 motorists pulled over along the 405 S. It was all in the same area too. They must set up traps or something.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM

i understand your point...and that's unfortunate.

at the same time, you can't define their usefulness based on what they do for YOU.

you have to evaluate what they do for the community all-in-all.

sure many individuals have not seen first-hand benefit, but there are several arrests, high speed chases, shoot-outs, etc. that are documented.

many criminals don't get cuffed and thrown in jail by themselves.

without "revenue generators" many drivers (myself included) would speed recklessly and cause more accidents, injuries, and deaths than there already is.

don't you think sobriety check points have saved some lives? or the fact that I stopped speeding due to excessive tickets has perhaps saved an accident or two?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sobriety check points.... I'm OH SO VERY against drunk driving. I feel sobriety checkpoints are nearly entrapment situations though to be honest.

I have had multiple instances where cops did....nothing or couldn't. Including having some gangbangers show up randomly and uninvited at a party one night and open firing on me and my friends (nobody was hit amazingly). There's just too many people and we don't have personal security... the cops just aren't able to do anything when they need to.

Honestly, here's what I'd like to see when it comes to the streets.:

Get rid of the car pool lane and make it a high speed lane meaning 100mph speed limit. Make drivers have to pass a more advanced course (revenue generator) to drive in it. Make crossing the double yellow a minimum 1000 Dollar fine to make sure people don't dip in and out. Allow all motorcycles into the lane. Do not allow vehicles over approx 3500lbs in it to minimize a large vehicle loosing control at speed. Demand an "update" every year to pass the driving section which is a braking test done somewhere on a long stretch with lines. Same thing they do for some motorcycle classes, having to stop within a certain section from a certain speed, 100mph.

etc. etc.

You get the idea, perhaps a barrier wall if needed in the double yellow area. In any case. I'd like to see that happen, traffic would be cut down and people could get to where they needed to go. The state would make money off the classes needed to pass which you'd
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always contest the ticket. I've gotten about 30 tickets, and only 2 stuck. Good odds if you ask me.

Keep in mind Smirf and I got pulled over about a week ago (labor day). Also by the CHP.

CHP-Useless

Police Traffic Enforcement-Useless

Police-Useful (some of the time)

Sheriff-Useful
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM

ok, that's another topic.

nice chattin, i'm off to lunch.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Sep 12 2008, 10:31 AM
I always contest the ticket. I've gotten about 30 tickets, and only 2 stuck. Good odds if you ask me.

Keep in mind Smirf and I got pulled over about a week ago (labor day). Also by the CHP.

CHP-Useless

Police Traffic Enforcement-Useless

Police-Useful (some of the time)

Sheriff-Useful
i'm about 50/50 based on about 25 tickets...

Quick Reply: Add me to the pulled over list