California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

750 mile trip today

Old 08-03-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 750 mile trip today

I had to go to central cali today to look at some equipment and figured it would be a good time to take the S (poor planning, so didn't fly). I went to a small town called Los Banos and came back, I left at 6am and got back at 9pm

Anyway, on the way back as I was approaching the grapevine (steep hill, elevation 5000 ft.) I had two BMW's on my ass, a new 525I and a 2000ish 328I. they would speed up and pass me on the straight flatlands and were hauling ass. I kept at my pace when we got to the grapevine I noticed the beamers were having problems climbing the hill, I dropped into 5th and passed them up like there were standing still, once again kept my steady pace (hypothetically speaking about 90-95, hypothetically). on the down hill they would pass me up like they had accomplished something, but then another uphill and there they were struggling again. I was thinking to myself, if I can leave you two clowns on the uphill what makes you think I can't do it on the down hill.

Just wanted to point out that the torqueless wonder isn't that defenseless against inline 6's.

just a happy moment for S2000 everywhere

that's all, carry on.

Xavier
Old 08-03-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate seeing BMWs everywhere. the fact that they are so common, you would thing the laws of supply and demand would dictate and they would be priced like civics back in the early 90s. cant believe people still have ego trips about owning such an mundane car, i guess its cause you have to try and feel good about yourself when you pay soooo much and realize you are just like every other joe schmoe on the road.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by khuezee,Aug 3 2006, 11:21 PM
i hate seeing BMWs everywhere. the fact that they are so common, you would thing the laws of supply and demand would dictate and they would be priced like civics back in the early 90s. cant believe people still have ego trips about owning such an mundane car, i guess its cause you have to try and feel good about yourself when you pay soooo much and realize you are just like every other joe schmoe on the road.
I've owned an E46 325i, and would buy a bimmer again . Not so much for the status, but they are just great pratical, "driver's" cars
Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 PM

khuezee: agreed! more ppl have them because they lease for cheap, plus they sell you on 4 years of maintenance for free, *even tho chit breaks down and if you're stupid, u sign urself up for a Pounder, especially if all you see is the "class" associated with bmw's n benzos.

all i know is, if it starts with a 3, or a C, probably got suckered. imo, going flash is M, or AMG. none of this dinky entry level crap you see nowadays.

hahaha chairman : torqueless wonder
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dj Elixur,Aug 3 2006, 11:31 PM
khuezee: agreed! more ppl have them because they lease for cheap, plus they sell you on 4 years of maintenance for free, *even tho chit breaks down and if you're stupid, u sign urself up for a Pounder, especially if all you see is the "class" associated with bmw's n benzos.

all i know is, if it starts with a 3, or a C, probably got suckered. imo, going flash is M, or AMG. none of this dinky entry level crap you see nowadays.

hahaha chairman : torqueless wonder
I guess I'm a "sucker" then
Old 08-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by khuezee,Aug 3 2006, 11:21 PM
Old 08-03-2006, 10:58 PM

dont mean to offend any bmw owners, but just for personal reasons i wouldnt buy them. my best friend has a 2002 7 series and that thing is in the shop every month. when you pay over 50K for a car, you would think that they can build something reliable. i mean, i love driving his car when it works, but every time its in the shop, he gets a loaner car. its usually a toyota camry...go figure.

my point is, granted their maintenance kicks ass if its under warranty, but why buy something that you dont get to enjoy??? i mean, even if it doesnt cost you anything under warranty, it still costs time to take it to the dealer and wait a week to get it fixed. that is still time wasted, and time = money.

but i will have to give it to BMW, they have the BEST marketing department in the world. while GM, is a retirement company that happens to make cars.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by khuezee,Aug 3 2006, 11:58 PM
while GM, is a retirement company that happens to make cars.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 PM

^^

I see your point I had the same prejudice about the Benz M Class. Every review I've read made it sound like it was a the biggest piece of junk And after driving one, it made me hate it even more

When my father purchased an 03 ML350, I wouldn't stop ragging on him As of today, the thing has 120,000 miles and has not once given him a single problem Go figure
Old 08-03-2006, 11:05 PM

ap2 naw man, you dont count! theres always love in the family! im talkin about those dudettes that wear that rayban heatshield in front of their face *you know what im talkin about if your in the 626 area* , you know, mom and dad illegal trust fund babies that own the nice ride but dont even have a couch in their apt. lol

ive always heard "once you're and bmw driver, you're always a bmw driver".

personally, i think their um. boaty. fast, torquey, but boaty. with a small frame, don't need that tank.. not practical for someone who would just slide all over the seats *nice seats tho, esp with the 1.2 million seat adjustments

Quick Reply: 750 mile trip today